Joel Osteen Net Worth
|$5 Million Per Year
|Joel Scott Osteen
|Date of Birth:
|5th March 1963
|60 years old
|5 ft 11 in (1.82 m)
|Author, Televangelist, Pastor, Preacher
|1st July 2023
Joel Osteen is an American televangelist, well-known Pastor, and author. He’s popular as the Pastor of Lake Church in Houston, Texas. His Church’s TV program which features his sermons, receives millions of views worldwide, thus helping him get paid. Joel has also authored many bestselling books in the United States. So, what’s Joel Osteen net worth? How much is the celebrity pastor worth? Here is a summary of Joel Osteen.
Joel Osteen’s Net Worth
As of 2022, Joel Osteen’s net worth is estimated at $100 million, and his annual income is $5 million. Being an author, pastor, and professional televangelist who delivers sermons in his own Lakewood Church, various other churches, and TV programs are his primary sources of income. His best-selling book sales, public speaking fees, radio shows, and church collection supposedly generate total revenue of $70 million per year. Joel Osteen claims to have not taken a salary from his church since 2005. Instead, Joel Osteen net worth is delivered from his bestselling books, speaking fees, calendars, and other merchandise. Joel has also acted his role in a few TV shows, which also help him get paid. The American Pastor is fond of spending his income on a luxury lifestyle. Joel Osteen’s place, where he lives with his wife, Victoria Osteen, and their two children, is a mansion worth $10.5 million in River Oaks. This well-known pastor drives a Ferrari and owns other properties across River Oaks and Houston.
Net Worth Trend
2022 Net worth: $100 Million
2021 Net worth: $96 Million
2020 Net worth: $90 Million
2019 Net worth: $86 Million
2018 Net worth: $80 Million
About Joel Osteen
Here’s a summary of Joel Osteen’s early life, career, and personal life:
Joel Osteen was born on March 5, 1963, in Houston, Texas, as one of the six children of John Osteen and Dolores Pilgrim. His father was a former Southern Baptist pastor who later founded Lakewood Church, where Joel Osteen is the current Senior Pastor. Joel Osteen went to Humble High School and graduated in 1981. He then attended Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where he studied radio and television communication but never graduated. He returned to Houston in 1982 and initiated the Lakewood Church television program that aired his father’s sermons until 1999 when his father died of a heart attack. After his father’s death, Joel took over Lakewood church as a senior pastor for the former pastor.
The audience received Joel Osteen’s sermons well, and the church grew to 43,000 members. In 2003, he shifted the church to Compaq Center, the former home of the NBA Houston Rockets basketball team, and renovated it. The renovation cost over $105 million and took 15 months. At the grand opening, about 56,000 people attended, including famous guests like Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and Governor of Texas Rick Perry. In 2006, Joel Osteen was listed in Barbara Walter’s list of 10 most fascinating people. By 2008, the Lake Wood Church television program was viewed in more than 100 countries. He has written multiple books, such as Become a Better You and Your Best Life Now. Joel has also appeared in various television shows like the star and words of art. John McCain, the former presidential candidate, described Joel Osteen as his favorite motivational author. Joel’s family attended an Easter breakfast hosted by former President Barak Obama at the white house in 2010.
He had married his wife Victoria Osteen in 1987, who later became a co-pastor in the same church. The couple has two children, Jonathan Osteen and Alexandra Osteen, a prominent young American singer. Both his children are American-born.
Other Key Facts and Controversies About Joel Osteen
Now that we’ve had a summary of Joel Osteen’s net worth and history, now let’s explore other outstanding facts, achievements, and controversies surrounding him.
- Since 2004, Joel Osteen and his wife Victoria Osteen have hosted their annual stadium event called America’s Night of Hope in the U.S. and worldwide. The event incorporates modern Christian music and inspirational messages for the masses either in the venue or online.
- In 2011, Lakewood Church was sued by The American Dollar band over copyright infringement. The case was ruled in 2012 in favor of Osteen, but the band was given leave to amend the case.
- In 2018, Joel hosted an event at Lakewood Church in collaboration with Kanye West (Kanye’s Sunday Service). 17,000 people attended, joined by others streaming online. He also hosted his Easter service, joined by Tyler Perry and Mariah Carey during the COVID-19.
- Osteen’s sermons are sometimes criticized for promoting the prosperity gospel — a conviction that material gains are the will of God for all devout Christians. In October 2007, Michael Horton, a reformed theologian, told Byron Pitts, a CBS News correspondent, that Osteen’s message is heresy and makes religion about us and not about God.
- In August 2017, Joel Osteen was strongly critiqued for not availing his Lakewood Church which stands at 606,000 square feet, as an emergency shelter in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. Initial posts from the church stated that it was unusable for severe flooding, which Osteen countered later by saying that the church had never closed. Soon after, Lakewood announced they’d be open as an available accommodation for victims and emergency personnel.
- The following year after Hurricane Harvey, Sylvester Turner, Houston mayor, proclaimed a day in honor of Joel Osteen and the Lakewood church’s assistance in rebuilding the city. The church had assisted over 1,150 Houston families, put up 2,500 volunteers from the congregation, and donated $1.1 million for rebuilding.
What Is Joel Osteen Up To Today?
Joel has continued to expand Lakewood Church and the TV ministry exponentially worldwide. The church welcomes over 50,000 worshipers every week, and the weekly televised sermons receive millions of views. Though he has no formal degree, for he never graduated from Oral Roberts University, Joel refined his preaching skills to perfection under his late father, John Osteen’s guidance, which has kept him going. Joel prepares his sermons by memorizing his remarks, recording, and listening to himself on a tape. He says that he tries to teach Biblical principles in simplified ways, focusing more on a positive attitude, living an obedient life, goodness, power, and love of God. Osteen generally avoids preaching about controversial issues like politics, marriage, and abortion. Osteen claims that one shouldn’t feel guilty about possessing exceptional material wealth but instead thank God for the acquired wealth. His net worth grows every year, and the trend isn’t likely to change. The pastor of Lakewood church net worth is expected to escalate and to live his best life.
Joel Osteen FAQs
What is Joel Osteen Net Worth?
Joel Osteen net worth is currently $100 million USD.
How much money does Joel Osteen earn?
Joel Osteen earns $5 million per year from various sources.
How tall is Joel Osteen?
Joel Osteen is 5 ft 11 in (1.82 m)
How old is Joel Osteen?
Joel Osteen is currently 60 years old.
When is Joel Osteen birthday?
Joel Osteen birthday is on 5th March.