Blippi Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$40 Million|
|Salary:||$11 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Stevin John|
|Date of Birth:||27th May 1988|
|Age:||34 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 9 in|
|Profession:||Content Creator, Actor, Entrepreneur|
|Updated:||30th September 2022|
Stevin John’s persona, Blippi, charms children with his childlike energy and curiosity in his animation videos. His bright clothes also portray Blippi as fun and joyful. Blippi’s net worth as of 2022 is $40 million.
Who is Blippi?
Stevin John is better known to people who have kids that love YouTube as Blippi. He is a US military veteran turned famous children’s educator and entertainer on Hulu, YouTube, and Amazon Video. Many children of the age group between 2 and 6 years enjoy learning from their ‘friend’ in the blue shirt and orange cap, glasses, suspenders, and bow tie.
Blippi’s early life
In early life, Stevin John spent his life surrounded by farm inputs and cows and horses. He was born on 27th May 1988, in Las Vegas, Nevada, from where he moved to Ellensburg, Washington. He had always wanted to be a fighter pilot and limousine driver. He pursued his first dream actively and got to join the US Air Force, where he served as a C-17 Loadmaster. His duties involved calculating the maximum load the C-17 cargo plane could carry and cargo placement such that the plane safely remained within the permissible center of gravity throughout the flight. Blippi served in the 4th Nuclear Airlift Squadron.
Blippi’s career beginnings
After two years of active duty in the USAF, Stevin John moved to Los Angeles, California to start a new career in marketing and video production. He then returned to Ellensburg, saw his 2-year-old nephew watching poor quality videos on YouTube, and had a light-bulb moment. The idea for Blippi did not only come from his little nephew, but also from his inspiration to want to create kid-friendly content. Since John grew up surrounded by tractors and farm animals, he thought of creating farm-inspired content with excellent graphics and educational songs to evoke positive emotions from his young audience.
He designed the concept, wardrobe, video topics, and character names, and published his first Blippi video on January 27th, 2014. He made sure the character names would be easy to pronounce and sounded cheerful and merry. Stevin did all the filming, editing, and graphics for the initial videos himself.
The videos garnered a following fast, and today, the Blippi channel has over eleven billion views, 14.6 million subscribers, and a full-fledged production team. Blippi’s popularity is huge, with kids globally watching his fun educational YouTube channel, Blippi-Educational Videos for Kids. The Blippi team now produces the videos in Spanish and eleven others run the Blippi website for digital downloads and manage his new Blippi toy line. Blippi videos are all about helping kids learn the alphabet, numbers, counting, shapes, colors, and nursery rhymes in a fun and engaging way.
The Blippi net worth can be accounted for by ad and subscription revenue from YouTube, Amazon Videos, and Hulu, and selling merchandise. On Amazon, educational videos like ‘Blippi learns jungle animals’ cost $1.99 per episode or $59.99 per season. On Hulu, subscribers pay $5.99 per month to access his Channel. He also has a second channel, Blippi Toys, with 8 million subscribers and over a billion views, which earns him an estimated $7.3 million per year.
He opted to start channels that viewers watch in different languages, such as Blippi Espanol, and Blippi Arabic. Blippi Espanol performs excellently with close to 5 million views daily, translating to $10,000 daily. The money Blippi makes from event appearances and meet-and-greet affairs also contribute to his wealth. His toy line, Blippi Toys, has dolls, action figures, his signature orange beanie cap, bow-tie, and pillows that make him more money. They go for anywhere between $3.99 and $19.99 and are in many popular online and physical stores like Walmart. In 2021, he had a North-American tour dubbed ‘Blippi the Musical’ that probably boosted Blippi’s net worth significantly.
Blippi John is already collaborating with Amazon Kids+ and Moonbug Entertainment to create a long-form series to be called ‘Blippi’s Treehouse.’ This show’s objective will be to educate kids, and by venturing into education, Blippi will seriously boost his already impressive net worth.
Interesting facts about Blippi
- According to Forbes, he is one of the high-ranking YouTube content creators, with an estimated revenue of $17 million from YouTube alone. He came eighth in their list of highest-paid YouTubers of 2020, even outdoing David Dobrik and Jeffree Star. He stood out as the only adult creating content for kids on the list.
- The Blippi costume was sewed by his mother.
- Blippi loves making kids happy. He is quoted saying that while he did not consider himself an expert on anything, he knew ‘heck of a lot about a lot of stuff’ and if he could give children positive emotions by getting excited about learning about stuff, then he has done his job.
- The colors for Blippi’s costume have an explanation. He chose blue because he felt it felt trustworthy and orange since it was fun and creative. While green was also great, he ruled it out because the need to shoot a green screen may have come up later on.
- Stevin John’s first name was Stephen Grossman; he changed his name legally.
- Before becoming Blippi, he had an online presence as Steezy Grossman, where he made truly unpleasant videos, the most famous one being the ‘Harlem shake’ video. In many interviews, he has termed his actions as ‘stupid and tasteless’ and hopes people can see him for who he is today, not the idiot he was back then.
- Blippi recently bought a $2.8 million home in Toluca Lake, Los Angeles. The house was recently completed and has 5 bedrooms, each with a full bathroom and full security equipment. His luxury cars include a Mercedes Benz C-Class, Volvo XC40, BMW X8, and an Audi A6.
- Stevin John has a fiancée, Alyssa Ingham, with whom he welcomed his first baby on 14th March.
What is to come for Blippi?
Having only started in 2014, Stevin John alias Blippi has come very far. From a few YouTube videos to a full-fledged online appearance on platforms like Hulu, and Amazon Kids, and plans to join Netflix. Blippi’s net worth and influence on today’s kids are only going to increase.
What is Blippi Net Worth?
Blippi net worth is currently $40 million USD.
How much money does Blippi earn?
Blippi earns $11 million per year from various sources.
How tall is Blippi?
Blippi is 5 ft 9 in
How old is Blippi?
Blippi is currently 34 years old.
When is Blippi birthday?
Blippi birthday is on 27th May.