Vin Diesel Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$255 Million|
|Salary:||$24 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Mark Sinclair|
|Date of Birth:||18th July 1967|
|Age:||54 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.82 m)|
|Profession:||Actor, Voice Actor, Screenwriter, Film Producer, Director|
|Updated:||7th June 2022|
You cannot list the world’s famous action stars without mentioning Vin Diesel. Famous for his role as Dominic Toretto in the Fast and the Furious franchise, the American actor has been gracing movie screens since 1990 and is one of the world’s highest-grossing actors.
It is no surprise fans worldwide are curious about how much Vin Diesel earns. In 2017, he was the seventh-highest-paid actor with a total income of $54.3 million. So what is Vin Diesel’s net worth today?
What is Vin Diesel Net Worth?
As of publishing this article, Vin Diesel net worth is estimated at $255 Million.
This comes as no shocker as the American actor is one of the lead characters in 6 of the Fast & Furious movies that have consistently broken worldwide box office records at every release. The Fast and the Furious franchise has collected close to $6 billion in revenue at the global box office since the first film’s release in 2001.
The latest addition to the franchise, F9: The Fast Saga, released in 2021 amidst the Covid 19 pandemic, grossed $894 million worldwide. However, Furious 7, released in 2015, remains the highest-grossing movie of the franchise, with its global revenue totaling more than $1.5 billion to date. This stellar performance of the franchise has greatly contributed to Vin Diesel net worth.
Who is Vin Diesel?
In the summer of 2001, a clean-shaven hulk of a man became an overnight film sensation after captivating audiences with his performance in the movie The Fast and the Furious, propelling him into instant fame.
Born on July 18th, 1967, Mark Sinclair debuted in this world with his fraternal twin brother Paul Vincent in Alameda County, California — his mother Delora Sherleen Vincent’s hometown. Mark Sinclair was then raised by his white astrologer mother and adoptive father, Irving H. Vincent, a theater manager and acting instructor of African-American descent.
Having never known his biological father, Sinclair refers to himself as of ambiguous ethnicity with his mother having Scottish, English, and German roots while his biological father connects him to many different cultures according to his mother.
At the age of seven, Mark Sinclair landed his first role as an actor in an unlikely turn of events. With his twin brother and some friends, the ruckus-causing kids broke into the Theater for the New City space to vandalize it.
However, the theater’s artistic director discovered them and for penance, sent them home with scripts and roles for the children’s play Dinosaur Door instead of calling the police.
The play marked the beginning of Sinclair’s involvement in theater, which continued throughout his teen years. Later on, diesel attended Hunter College, New York City, where he pursued creative writing.
Where did the name Vin Diesel come from?
As we already know, Vin Diesel was born Mark Sinclair, and his most recognized character name is Dominic Toretto from The Fast and the Furious films. So, where did the stage name Vin Diesel come from?
After three years of college, Mark Sinclair dropped out and headed to Hollywood to chase an acting career. To support himself, Vin Diesel worked as a bouncer for the New York Clubs Tunnel and Mars as he went through the audition process.
He deemed it necessary to find a tougher name to go by to suit his occupation, thus Vin Diesel was born. Vin is a short form of his adoptive father’s surname and Diesel, his nickname from his friends due to his energetic nature.
Vin Diesel’s Career Highlights
- 1995 – Vin Diesel wrote, produced, directed, and starred in his own first movie. The short film, Multi Facial, was a semi-autobiographical film that portrayed the story of a struggling multiracial actor willing to play any ethnicity for work. Multi Facial was selected for screening at the Cannes Film Festival that year.
- 1997 – Vin Diesel made his feature film debut with his very own movie, Starys, which he wrote, directed, and starred in. He played the role of a tough drug dealer learning to open up to emotional intimacy. Vin’s work was played at the year’s Sundance Film Festival.
- 1998 – Vin’s work was screened at both the Cannes Film Festival and the Sundance Film Festival and gained the attention of notable director Steven Spielberg, who tailored a feature role for Diesel in his World War II movie Saving Private Ryan. After the release of Saving Private Ryan, Vin began having big-budget roles in the film industry coming his way and steady growth in his net worth.
- 2000 – Vin Diesel landed his first lead role in the sci-fi film Pitch Black as Richard. Riddick. He then joined Ben Affleck and Giovanni Ribisi to feature in the movie Boiler Room.
- 2001 – Vin Diesel starred in the Fast and the Furious movie, playing Dominic Toretto, a notorious street racer being investigated by an undercover cop played by Paul Walker. After this first film, Diesel remained involved with the fast and furious company and went ahead to be featured in all upcoming movies of the Fast and Furious franchise.
- 2002 – His leading film role in XXX cemented his stardom as an American film actor in the action film genre. He was nominated for an MTV Movie Award for Best Male Performance and Choice Movie Actor: Drama/Action-Adventure category.
- 2020 – Vin Diesel played the comic book character Bloodshot, the first time he starred as the lead superhero in a movie based on a comic book. Diesel brought his production skills to the movie as well.
Fun Facts About Vin Diesel
- For nine years, Vin Diesel was involved in over 500 fights as a bouncer. This helped him develop the toughness that he so easily displays in most of his acting.
- Vin Diesel purchased his first property, a modest 1,517 square foot home, for $562,500 in Hollywood Hills in 2000. He held on to this property for 16 years and listed it for $1.4 million in 2016. Vin Diesel house today is a 6,000-square-foot home with five bedrooms and seven baths in Beverly hills that adds to his net worth.
- The Fast Saga actor is an avid car collector. He has a special love for classic American cars that adds to his net worth. Some of the impressive car brands owned include:
- 1970 Dodge Charger R/TCharger “Tantrum”, the model that his Fast character is seen driving in the franchise. This was a birthday gift for his 52nd birthday from the Fast Family.
- One-of-its-kind 2014 Lykan Hypersport with jewel-embedded headlights. It is one of the only seven available globally.
- Rare 1974 Plymouth Barracuda, which is among the last of its production over 40 years ago.
- 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona, is one of the most iconic muscle cars from the golden era in U.S history.
- Aston Martin luxury car, Mercedes Benz G63 AMG, and GMC Yukon, are probably his most practical cars on this list.
- Vin Diesel dated his co-star Michelle Rodriguez in 2001 but the romance was short-lived. Today, however, Vin Diesel lives and is romantically linked to Paloma Jimenez, a Mexican-born model with whom he has three children. He is also Paul Walker’s daughter Meadow’s godfather.
- Vin’s son Vincent Sinclair made his movie debut in F9 as the younger version of his dad’s character, Dominic Toretto, and earned a daily rate of $1,005 while on set. He too has begun growing his net worth.
- Vin Diesel earned over $50 million for his role in the marvel cinematic universe, starring as Groot, the friendly tree alien in Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Avengers: Infinity War, and Avengers: Endgame.