Troy Aikman Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$65 Million|
|Salary:||$18 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Troy Kenneth Aikman|
|Date of Birth:||21st November 1966|
|Age:||56 years old|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Profession:||Football Player, Sports Broadcaster, Businessman|
|Updated:||8th June 2023|
Troy Aikman is a retired NFL player who saw his career and the Troy Aikman net worth in the late 1980s and early 1990s rise when he joined the Cowboys. Since then, he’s made millions of games, merchandise, and more. After retiring as a professional football player, Troy Aikman has continued pursuing other careers that earn him millions yearly. Just how much is the Troy Aikman net worth, though?
Troy Aikman’s Net Worth
Troy Aikman is worth $65 million. He made his money during his professional football career. After an early retirement at the age of 34, he also started his career as a broadcaster. Troy Aikman started off successful in the broadcasting world and has gone on to, once again, make millions of dollars.
Early Life Troy Aikman
Troy Aikman, born Troy Kenneth Aikman, was born on November 21, 1966, in West Covina, California. When Troy Aikman was 12, his family moved to Henryetta, Oklahoma. Throughout high school in Henryetta, he played football. Many saw the potential that he had throughout his high school career and through his winning All-State honors.
After graduation, the New York Mets offered him a baseball contract. Aikman turned it down because he loved football. Instead of joining the New York Mets, he attended the University of Oklahoma. There, he played football with head coach Barry Switzer. He led the team to one win after another. One season ended early when he suffered from an ankle injury. Soon after that, he began attending UCLA.
At UCLA, Troy Aikman continued to play football and showed the same series of wins that would lead to him becoming a professional football player.
He was the first pick in the NFL Draft of 1989, which led to his career with the Dallas Cowboys. He led the team to one win after another, making both Troy Aikman and the Dallas Cowboys favorites of NFL fans across the nation. His career and impressive wins lasted until 2000, when he retired. He remains well-known for his famous football career.
Highlights of Troy Aikman’s career include:
- Troy Kenneth Aikman was an NFL player for 12 seasons
- Dallas Cowboys won three super bowls with Aikman
- Was the Washington DC Club QB of the Year
- Was inducted into the Chik-fil-a College Football Hall of Fame
- He was awarded the Super Bowl MVP Award in 1992
- Named to the pro bowls six times
- In addition to the College Football Hall of Fame, Aikman was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
- His base salary was almost $27.5 million.
- Received almost $18 million in bonuses while playing in the National Football League
- He was the highest-paid NFL player in the early 1990s
- When he retired from football, his salary was $7.5 million per year
Troy Aikman retired in 2000, which led to many people asking why. He released a statement that he couldn’t find a team. However, later reports and statements revealed that he suffered from continuous injuries and needed constant treatment for his back pain. During his last season, Aikman has multiple concussions, but he insists that the concussions did not play a role in his retirement.
Troy Aikman didn’t stop earning money after he retired from the NFL. Instead, he worked on his now successful broadcasting career. Other things that have continued to contribute to Troy Aikman’s net worth after retiring from football and notable moments include:
- Worked with FOX.
- Working with ESPN in a duo with Joe Buck.
- Co-owned a Nascar racing team (he worked with Dallas Cowboys quarterback Roger Staubach to create a racing team called Hall of Fame Racing).
- Part owner of Major League Baseball team called the San Diego Padres.
- He received Emmy Awards.
- The retired NFL quarterback hosted a radio show that was on the air every week.
- Earned $1 million per year.
- His salary quickly grew to $7.5 million annually.
- Aside from Tony Romo, he was the highest-paid sports broadcaster worldwide, who signed a contract with CBS that would make Romo almost three times that amount.
- That title changed again in 2022 when he signed with ESPN, earning him almost $18 million annually.
Troy Aikman has been married a few times. He was well-known for his relationship with Lorrie Morgan, a famous country singer.
After the couple split, he tied the knot with Cowboys publicist Rhonda Worthey. The couple enjoyed eighteen months together before saying their vows in Plano, Texas. They had two children together: Alexa Marie Aikman and Jordan Ashley Aikman. However, after eleven years of marriage, the couple separated. His divorce settlement cost him $1.75 million, among other things. He was a single dad for several years after the couple split up.
Then, he became engaged to Catherine Mooty during a beautiful engagement in Italy. She’s also known as Capa Mooty and Catherine Person. She was also a single parent for years before marrying Troy Aikman. They tied the knot during a beautiful ceremony in 2017, only three months after becoming engaged.
Since marrying Mooty, Aikman has become a tiny bit public about his private life, which didn’t happen with previous relationships. He occasionally posts pictures of the couple together on social media platforms like Instagram.
Troy Aikman FAQs
What is Troy Aikman Net Worth?
Troy Aikman net worth is currently $65 million USD.
How much money does Troy Aikman earn?
Troy Aikman earns $18 million per year from various sources.
How tall is Troy Aikman?
Troy Aikman is 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)
How old is Troy Aikman?
Troy Aikman is currently 56 years old.
When is Troy Aikman birthday?
Troy Aikman birthday is on 21st November.