NBA Youngboy Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$7.5 Million|
|Salary:||$1 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Kentrell DeSean Gaulden|
|Date of Birth:||20th October 1999|
|Age:||22 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Profession:||Rapper, Singer, Songwriter|
|Updated:||25th May 2022|
As of 2022, NBA Youngboy’s estimated net worth is approximately $7.5 million.
Who Is NBA Youngboy?
Going by the stage name NBA Youngboy or Never Broke Again, Kentrell DeSean Gaulden is an American rapper, singer, and songwriter.
He joined the music industry in 2014. Between 2015 and 2017, Gaulden released eight independent mixtapes (with Life Before Fame being his first mixtape) which gained him recognition all over the world. In his career, he has featured fellow rappers such as Kevin Gates, Lil Uzi Vert, and Trippie Redd.
Kentrell DeSean Gaulden was born on October 20th, 1999, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. As a small child, he once broke his neck, which made him put on a temporary head brace that left him with three permanent scars on his head.
Youngboy spent most of his early life with his maternal grandmother after his father was jailed for 55 years. His passion for music began to exhibit at a young age. He dropped out of school in the ninth grade to focus on music as his professional career. However, things didn’t work out for him easily. He engaged in a series of robberies that led to his arrest and stay at a detention center in Tallulah, Louisiana.
But keeping his eyes on the prize, the American rapper started writing lyrics while still in the correction facility. His grandmother died of cardiac failure right after coming out of custody, forcing him to move in with his fellow rapper and friend, NBA 3Three.
NBA Youngboy afterward attracted a great deal of notoriety for his public beef with rapper Scotty Cain, which traded death threats between them. More trouble would follow when NBA Youngboy was arrested in Austin, Texas on suspicion of attempted first-degree murder. He was imprisoned in East Baton Rouge, where he re-released two of his earlier mixtapes.
He went on to release eight mixtapes between 2015 and 2017, which would later be his limelight. They include:
• Mind of a Menace (2015)
• Life Before Fame (2015)
• Mind of a Menace 2 (2016)
• Mind of a Menace 3 (2016)
• Before I Go Reloaded (2016)
• 38 Baby (2016)
• Mind of a Menace 3 Reloaded (2017)
• Al YoungBoy (2017)
• Fed’s Baby (2017)(with Moneybagg Yo)
On the 18th of January 2018, NBA Youngboy released his highest-charting song up to date, titled “Outside Today”. The song was at #31 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Taking it as an advantage of the success earned from the album “Outside Today”, in April of the same year, NBA Youngboy released his debut studio album titled “Until Death Call My Name”.
NBA Youngboy’s most successful songs to date include;
• NBA Young Boat (2018)
• Overdose (2018)
• No Smoke (2018)
• Outside Today (2018)
• Diamond Teeth Samurai (2018)
NBA Youngboy Net Worth
For the five years he has been in the industry, NBA Youngboy’s net worth has accumulated to $6 million. NBA Youngboy may not be among the richest rappers, but his net worth is a guarantee he may never run broke again.
In his early 20s, the young musician is much richer than most rappers of his era. Much of NBA Youngboy’s net worth comes from album sales and music streaming. In 2019, Youtube ranked him as the most-watched musician, surpassing some of the finest artists in the industry, like Taylor Swift and Drake.
In the year 2021, Billboard shortlisted Youngboy as the fourth highest-paid rapper of 2020. He also ranked No. 1 in video streams with over 1.4 billion; No. 5 in audio streams with almost 6.2 billion; and No.3 overall with almost 7 billion streams.
Youngboy’s career took a positive leap during the period and he is said to have made $10million in streaming, $126,000 in sales, $1.7million in publishing, and $129,000 from touring.
NBA Youngboy doesn’t just earn big bucks, he is known to spend money on finer things in life. Apart from donning expensive jewelry and clothes, the rapper keeps exotic pets, including a tiger.
Interesting Facts About NBA Youngboy
- He started performing and writing music by the time he reached 9th grade and had to drop out of school to focus on his career. He later bought his first microphone and began producing music on his own.
- YoungBoy is not interested in marrying. He only wants to date and live with different girls.
- YoungBoy has a huge fanbase, and it is growing wider as he is the most-watched artist with an average of 7 million views per day.
- NBA YoungBoy was arrested in November 2016 just before his concert in Austin. He was suspected of alleged assault and a murder attempt by coming out of a vehicle and opening fire on people. He was sentenced to jail for nine months.
- The rapper was arrested on allegations of kidnapping, assault, and possessing stolen firearms less than six months after being released from jail and handed 3 years of probation and a ten-year jail term. Camera footage exposed him tossing Jania-his ex-girlfriend, to the ground and dragging her to a room. Finally, in March 2018, he was let out of prison after paying a $75,000 bail.
- His favorite actor is Vin Diesel and his favorite actress is Jennifer Lawrence.
- He enjoys eating Mexican cuisine.
- He violated his active probation, which made him serve fourteen months of house arrest. He used this time to release his debut single, House Arrest Tingz, in September 2019.
- The twenty-two-year-old rapper has fathered four sons with three different ladies.
- He broke his neck and got three permanent scars on his forehead. This happened when he was wrestling. He had to wear a head brace until the injury completely healed.
Since he can be considered fairly young in the music industry, Youngboy’s net worth is expected to rise as he continues to release entertaining music videos and music for his fans from all over the world to enjoy.