Kathy Hilton Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$350 Million|
|Salary:||$70 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Kathleen Elizabeth Avanzino|
|Date of Birth:||13th March 1959|
|Age:||63 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Profession:||Actress, Fashion Designer, Entrepreneur, Reality TV Star, Philanthropist|
|Updated:||7th June 2022|
Kathy Hilton’s net worth is estimated at a whopping $350 million. This is the wealth that she’s accumulated since being married to her husband and business tycoon, Richard Hilton. She has also made her wealth through her acting career and various investments, such as real estate and her Kathy Hilton Collection after she started out with her novelty gift store.
Kathy Hilton Early Life
Kathleen Elizabeth Avanzino was born in New York on March 13, 1959. Her father’s family has Italian ancestry, while her mother hails of Irish descent. When her parents divorced, her mother remarried Kenneth E. Richards. Her mother had Hilton’s two half-sisters, actresses Kim and Kyle Richards. Additionally, the Rockford Files superstar has five half-siblings from her father’s second marriage. As an East Coast New Yorker by birth, Kathy attended Montclair College Preparatory School in Los Angeles, where she befriended Michael Jackson. They became best friends until his untimely passing in 2009.
Kathy Hilton Acting Career
She began her career as a child actress in 1968. She’s had notable appearances in some classics, such as Nanny and the Professor, Happy Days, Bewitched, Rockford Files, and Family Affair. However, her acting career was short-lived because she decided to retire when she was a teenager. She hosted the NBC reality show, I Want To Be A Hilton in 2005. In 2011, she also made an appearance on her daughter’s show The World According To Paris. She has become a friend of the Housewives of Beverly Hills, where her half-sisters Kim and Kyle Richards are part of the main cast.
Kathy Hilton Personal Life
Kathy Hilton retired from acting at the tender age of 15 and this is around the time when she met Richard Hilton, heir to magnate Conrad Hilton of the Hilton hotels empire. Rick Hilton and Kathy got married five years after their encounter. This marked the beginning of Kathy Hilton’s net worth debate. At first, she tended to her novelty gift and antique store, the Staircase, situated on Sunset Plaza in Los Angeles. She has since dabbled in various enterprises, including making a return to the entertainment industry. She has sold skincare products and debuted as a fashion designer with her Kathy Hilton Collection which included party dresses. These party dresses were sold in numerous stores around the world, including Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue.
About Kathy Hilton
Famous for being the mother to Paris Hilton and Nicky Hilton, married to heir Richard Hilton, and a business mogul in her own right. Kathy Hilton is a perfect combination of beauty and brains. Outside of being known through the famous Hilton family, Kathy has appeared on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills with co-star Lisa Rinna. She currently lives with her husband in their Bel Air mansion. They have four children together; two daughters, Paris and Nicky Hilton, and two sons, Barron and Conrad Hilton. Nicky and her husband James Rothschild have two children together, while Barron and his wife Tessa also have a daughter and live in Bel Air.
Apart from being rich and famous, Kathy Hilton has been involved in philanthropic endeavors, owned a store at Sunset Plaza, and a lot more challenging ventures. The 2007 Make-A-Wish event was an unforgettable charity function. She had celebrity guests such as her closest friend Michael Jackson auction their belongings to be later donated. In 2011, alongside her daughters, she received an award from the Starlight Children’s Foundation.
Kathy Hilton’s Personal Real Estate
It’s not surprising that Kathy shares a wealthy real estate portfolio with her husband. She has a property in the Hamptons that she leases out in the summer seasons. In 2004, they bought their Bel Air mansion for $9 million and paid approximately $2.5 million for their suite apartment at New York City’s Pierre Hotel.
Fun Facts about Kathy Hilton
- She’s more famous for being Nicky and Paris Hilton’s mother than for her own acting career. Although she has supported all her children, she hasn’t always been happy with her daughter Paris’ fame in the past.
- She enjoys being on TV and hopes that it’ll help people see a whole different side of her. She’s confident that she’ll do well to showcase her other side since she has experience in front of the camera.
- She isn’t only a philanthropist at heart, but she practices what she preaches. This is evident in her support for the Black Lives Matter movement. Kathy hasn’t let fear or opinions stop her from her altruism. She has been firm in supporting the end of racism and the promotion of equality for everyone.
- She’s a doting grandmother who loves the role more than her peers are willing to admit. Fortunately, she looks amazing for a grandma.
- She hasn’t always seen eye to eye with Kim and Kyle. This was discussed at the 2018 Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reunion. Luckily, the sisters managed to patch things up and can now work together on the show following their fallout.