Drake Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$255 Million|
|Real Name:||Aubrey Drake Graham|
|Date of Birth:||24th October 1986|
|Age:||35 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.82 m)|
|Profession:||Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Actor|
|Updated:||30th September 2022|
You know him and love him, the Young Money artist who went from the silver screen to become one of the hottest names in the rap scene, Drake! Aubrey “Drake” Graham, a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor hailing from Toronto, gained recognition at an early age, all thanks to a bit of television series known as Degrassi: The Next Generation. But it was his time spent on the stage and in the recording studio cemented his name as a household icon. But even so, what is Drake’s net worth? How much is this monumental musical artist worth today?
What Is Drake’s Net Worth?
As of this writing, Drake’s net worth sits comfortably at around $255 million!
That makes him one of the wealthiest rappers in the whole world, and his signing to Lil Wayne’s Young Money Entertainment only helps him earn more annually than his competition. He is, of course, ousted from the top ten richest musicians in the world by the likes of Kanye West, Dr. Dre, Eminem, P. Diddy, and Master P. Even so, a $255 million net worth is more than respectable, and enough to put him near the top of the game.
Who is Drake?
Born on October 24, 1986, Aubrey “Drake” Graham, in Toronto, Canada, to Dennis Graham, a drummer who performed alongside Jerry Lee Lewis, and his mother, Sandra “Sandy” Graham, an English teacher and florist.
Drake holds dual citizenship in Canada and the United States, thanks to his American-born father, who hails from Memphis, Tennessee.
Drake attended a Jewish day school and even became a bar mitzvah during his youthful years.
Sadly, his mother and father split when he was five years old. He and his mother remained in Toronto, while his father returned to his hometown of Memphis, where he was later incarcerated due to drug-related criminal charges. Before his arrest, Mr. Graham would travel to Toronto each summer to bring Drake back to Memphis.
But let’s get back to Drake now. He attended Forest Hill Collegiate Institute, where his affinity for artistry came to the forefront of his everyday being. As an active student, it was here that he first started to act. Later on, he would attend Vaughan Road Academy, which he described as “not by any means the easiest school to go to.” He was bullied regularly due to his racial profile and religious background and later decided to drop out. He returned to schooling to complete his courses and graduated in October 2012.
But what about his musical career? That came after a lengthy stint on Degrassi: The Next Generation. In the television series, Drake played the wheelchair-bound Jimmy Brooks from 2001 to 2009. He disliked the character, though, believing it negatively influenced who he is today due to tokenism.
But even so, his time on television helped him make a name for himself. This influence helped ease his way into the music industry with his first mixtape, ‘So Far Gone,’ which was inspired by the likes of Jay-Z and Clipse. Drake considered this mixtape, which featured the likes of Trey Songz and Lupe Fiasco, as a “pretty straightforward, radio-friendly, [and] not much content to it” release.
Fun Facts About Drake
With a little bit of history and his musical influence out of the way, let’s learn a few fun facts about Drake.
- After his acting career but before his musical career, Drake nearly abandoned it all for a day job. In 2008, the Degrassi producers overhauled the on-screen cast and removed the character of Jimmy Brooks. At this point, Drake had released at least one mixtape, which, unfortunately, did not bring monetary success to the young artist. He then turned his attention to the restaurant industry, looking for a job to satisfy his monthly bills. Luckily for everyone, that wasn’t his path.
- Speaking of that luck, in 2008, Drake received a phone call that would change everything. On the other end of the line, Lil Wayne, who learned about Drake via Jas Prince, heard his single “Replacement Girl” and wanted the young Canadian-born artist to join him on the Carter III tour. This performance cemented Drake as an up-and-coming musical artist to watch.
- While performing live in July 2009, during the “America’s Most Wanted” tour, Drake, unfortunately, took a fall from the stage and required significant surgery for a torn anterior cruciate ligament. His knee was busted, and walking became painful and difficult, though he’s back on his feet today, steady and successful as ever.
- It’s not usually discussed in tabloids or online, but Chris Brown was not the only artist vying for the attention of Rihanna. In 2012, Drake and Chris Brown started a feud over the singer, leading to a violent altercation outside a nightclub in New York. Both artists faced legal repercussions for the exchange.
- In 2017, Drake accused the Grammy Awards of “shoehorning” him into the rap category for his song “Hotline Bling,” which won best rap song and best rap/sung performance. In a later interview, he said, “I’m a black artist, I’m apparently a rapper, even though Hotline Bling is not a rap song. I won two awards but I don’t even want them.”
- In October 2016, Drake broke a world record for the most American Music Award Nominations. He received 13 nominations, a record previously held by Michael Jackson, with a total of 11, since 1984. Since 2010, Drake has accumulated a total of 21 nominations for the awards.
What’s Next for Drake?
At this time, Drake is hard at work on his musical career. He continues to chart regularly with his hit singles, and his music videos accumulate many millions of views every release.
But Drake is also a father to Adonis Graham, born in October of 2017, making his job on stage slightly more difficult as a working parent. Adonis already has aspirations of ousting his father’s fame, though.
With such massive net worth, Drake is comfortable, likely happy with his success, and looking forward to the future as his fame and success continue to grow to unmatched levels. We look forward to the star’s meteoric rise!
What is Drake Net Worth?
Drake net worth is currently $255 million USD.
How much money does Drake earn?
Drake earns $72 million from various sources.
How tall is Drake?
Drake is 5 ft 10 in (1.82 m)
How old is Drake?
Drake is currently 35 years old.
When is Drake birthday?
Drake birthday is on 24th October.