Soulja Boy Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$30.5 Million|
|Real Name:||DeAndre Cortez Way|
|Date of Birth:||28th July 1990|
|Age:||32 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Profession:||Record Producer, Actor, Entrepreneur, Rapper and Brand Influencer|
|Updated:||17th March 2023|
What Is Soulja Boy’s Net Worth?
Born in July 28, 1990, Soulja Boy is a thirty-one-year-old American rapper with a remarkable estimated net worth of $30.5 million as of April 2022. Born in 1990 in Chicago Illinois, his previous stage name was Soulja Boy Tellem. You may know him from his debut single of September 2007, ‘Crank that,’ which remained in the top position on the US Billboard Top 100 for seven weeks straight. This article will highlight Soulja Boy’s net worth, career, and achievements.
Who Is Soulja Boy?
For starters, he was actually born DeAndre Cortez Way, and he hails from Chicago City, Illinois. When he was six years old, his family moved to Atlanta, Georgia. Here, in his early life, Soulja Boy discovered his passion for rap music. At 14 years of age, he moved to Batesville, Mississippi with his dad. While there, his father installed a recording studio in their home to encourage him to record his music and become a record producer.
In 2005, Soulja Boy released and uploaded his songs to the website Soundclick, where he got positive reviews. This probably encouraged him to start a YouTube channel and a MySpace page. His big break came in March 2007 when he released his first independent album, dubbed ‘Unsigned and Still Major Da Album Before Da Album’ as well as the hit ‘Crank That Soulja Boy.’ Even better, Soulja Boy posted a low-budget video for ‘Crank That’ to show his fans the dance.
By the end of May 2007, his debut hit single had been played on radio and in the consecutive weeks, he found himself signing a deal with Interscope Records, a label that works with the likes of Lady Gaga, Eminem, and Billie Eilish. By September 2007, ‘Crank That’ was the best rap song on the US Billboard Hot 100 Hits and remained at position one for seven straight weeks. It even set a record for the most digital downloads in the US. This hit was so good that it got Soulja Boy a Grammy nomination! Soulja Boy earned $8 million from ‘Crank That’ alone.
In October 2007, Soulja’s first major label album SouljaBoyTellEm, was released. Soulja Boy Tell Em was mostly successful, reaching number 4 on the US Billboard 200 and being certified Platinum by the RIAA. In December of the following year, he released his second major label album, ‘iSouljaBoyTellem.’ His third album, ‘The DeAndre Way,’ dropped in 2010. Unfortunately, his subsequent albums were not as successful, and his third studio album hit an all-time low. Soulja Boy thus switched to releasing mixtapes in 2011, which improved his fortunes. In 2014, he was signed by Universal Music Group. He has since continued dropping singles, numerous mixtapes, videos, and a fourth studio album, ‘Loyalty,’ that has done well. Among his famous rap songs include the hit song ‘Kiss me thru the phone,’ ‘Ocean Gang Splash,’ and ‘Soulja Exotics.’
Souljah Boy has collaborated with other hip-hop rappers like Arab, Shawty Lo, and Gucci Mane. Soulja Boy has also branched into business (fashion and a soap company), acting, and record producing. Soulja Boy net worth continues to rise and he has also appeared in thirteen TV series’ and six movies and owns a record label, Stacks on Deck Entertainment (SODMG). Moreover, he is a brand ambassador, and one of his endorsements is the $400 million World Poker Fund Holdings deal. Soulja Boy net worth continues to rise
Soulja Boy has a home in Agoura Hills, California. This house also reflects Soulja Boy’s net worth, costing him $4.9 million in 2018. Among his luxury cars is a Porsche 911, Bentley Mulsanne, Bugatti, Maybach Truck, and an Audi R8.
Where Did The Name Soulja Boy Come From?
In an interview with Billboard, DeAndre Cortez revealed that his mom gave him the name ‘Soulja Boy’ as a nickname, and he chose to keep it on as his showbiz name.
Interesting facts about Soulja Boy
- In 2010, Soulja Boy earned well over $7 million. These wild earnings got him on Forbes’ radar, which named him one of the Hip Hop Cash Kings of the year.
- The internet was vital for Soulja Boy’s success. One of his favorite quotes highlights this fact: “The internet has been a big help with my career. My advice to musicians: the internet is the key. It gets your music heard all across the world.”
- Soulja Boy got his first face tattoo when he was 16. Soulja Boy’s mother was probably relieved when he had the whole set removed so he could transition into acting on the small and big screens. He insisted that he would not want roles like a gangster or a drug dealer, which was probably what he would have got if he kept the face tattoos.
- Even though ‘Crank That’ did not earn Soulja Boy the Grammy award, he was grateful for the nomination. While acknowledging his loss to Kanye West, Soulja Boy still described the nomination as a big deal.
- Soulja Boy’s net worth can be attributed to his many business ventures, one of which includes gaming consoles. However, this line of business hit a snag when people accused him of making his first consoles, ‘SouljaGame Fuze’ and Retro SouljaBoy Mini’ look like Sony’s PS4, Nintendo, Xbox One, and Sega. In January 2019, he released a console dubbed ‘SouljaGame Handheld.’
- He has survived a robbery with assault in his home. One night, Soulja Boy came home extremely late from the recording studio with some friends, only for three masked robbers to enter his house wielding AK-47s.
- He lost his brother, Deion Jenkins, in a car crash.
- Like many other hip hop artists and record producers, rapper Soulja Boy is not new to controversy. He has been arrested and sentenced to probation for crimes such as obstruction and having a weapon in his house. He is also known for throwing the most lavish album release party.
- Soulja boy was once rumored to be dating former Basketball Wives LA star, Brittish Williams.
Is Soulja Boy Wealthier Than Bow Wow?
With World Poker Fund Holdings endoresement and others, Deandre Way is wealthier that Bow Wow because his net worth as of 2022 is $2 million. Soulja Boy’s net worth currently stands at $30.5 million.
What’s To Come For Soulja Boy?
A popular rapper, the already high Soulja Boy net worth and musical career can only continue to climb. His Youtube channel has grown, and now has over 3 million subscribers and over a billion views. With time, Soulja Boy’s net worth will go higher and he will retain his crown as one of the Hip Hop Cash Kings.
Soulja Boy FAQs
What is Soulja Boy Net Worth?
Soulja Boy net worth is currently $30.5 million USD.
How much money does Soulja Boy earn?
Soulja Boy earns $5.2 million from various sources.
How tall is Soulja Boy?
Soulja Boy is 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
How old is Soulja Boy?
Soulja Boy is currently 32 years old.
When is Soulja Boy birthday?
Soulja Boy birthday is on 28th July.