Jeremy Clarkson Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$72 Million|
|Real Name:||Jeremy Charles Robert Clarkson|
|Date of Birth:||11th April 1960|
|Age:||62 years old|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.96 m)|
|Profession:||Broadcaster, Journalist, Farmer, Writer and Game show host|
|Updated:||30th November 2022|
You likely know Jeremy Clarkson from his time on Top Gear, where he starred as the host alongside James May and Richard Hammond. Clarkson is the type of on-screen host with a love-him-or-hate-him personality. There’s usually little middle ground. But even so, you’ll likely find yourself curious to know Jeremy Clarkson’s net worth, right? After all, the man hosts television series for a living for the likes of Amazon and BBC TV, plus he’s building an expansive mansion in the middle of a field in Cotswold. Impressive, right?
What is Jeremy Clarkson Net Worth?
As of this writing in 2022, Jeremy Clarkson’s net worth sits at around $72 million. He rose to fame and gained monetary compensation in droves as an English journalist, television broadcaster, and writer.
As previously mentioned, most will know Clarkson from his time on Top Gear. What you may not know, however, is that he also spent a significant amount of time writing for ‘The Sunday Times’ and ‘The Sun.’
More recently, however, Clarkson starred in The Grand Tour on Amazon. The Grand Tour brings about Clarkson, May, and Hammond to explore the bonds of friendship, endure adventures, and offer excitement to both the hosts and viewers alike.
Who is Jeremy Clarkson?
Born April 11, 1960, Jeremy Clarkson is a man of many titles and talents. In his lifetime, he’s worked as a broadcaster, journalist, game show host, writer, and even as a farmer.
Clarkson grew up relatively poor as a child, with his parents, Shirley Gabrielle Clarkson and Edward Grenville Clarkson, a teacher and traveling salesman, respectively, having high hopes for their son. They signed Jeremy up for private schooling, though they had no way of paying the enormous tuition fees.
As luck would have it, the elder Clarksons would create a Paddington Bear stuffed toy, which they sold in their shop, though without the intellectual property rights. They were brought to court by Michael Bond, who owned Paddington Bear’s rights. However, Bond and Mr. Edward Clarkson hit it off and became close friends. Bond awarded the Clarksons the rights to sell their toy bears, and they partnered with the toy store Hamleys. The money from the subsequent sales helped put Jeremy Clarkson through school at Hill House School, Doncaster, and then Repton School.
Unhappy with his first job out of school as a traveling salesman, Clarkson would train as a journalist with the Rotherham Advertiser. He then wrote for Rochdale Observer, Wolverhampton Express and Star, Lincolnshire Life, Shropshire Star, and the Associated Kent Newspapers.
His writing career continued, and television stardom soon cropped up. His first significant role was as a presenter on Top Gear, from 1988 to 2000. John Bentley, a researcher on Top Gear, helped launch Clarkson’s television career.
Then, Clarkson helped bring back Top Gear in 2002, using a new format, and it ran until 2015. Top Gear became the most-watched television series on BBC Two, with broadcasts in over 100 countries worldwide.
Jeremy Clarkson’s Extensive Car Collection
One would assume that, with all of his time on Top Gear, Clarkson would be an avid car collector. That assumption is correct, too.
Currently, Clarkson owns:
- Range Rover Autobiography V8
- Mercedes-Benz 600 Grosser LWB
- Range Rover TDV8 Vogue SE
- Jeep Wrangler
- Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV6
- Range Rover Vogue SE
- Bentley Flying Spur
- “The Excellent” (Land Rover Discovery and Mercedes SL Combo Car)
All of these are high-end, expensive vehicles. But in the past, Clarkson owned far more. These include, but are not limited to, a BMW Z1, Ferrari F355, Lotus Elise 111S, Ford GT, Aston Martin V8 Vantage, and a Modified Bentley Continental GT V8.
It’s evident that his love of fast cars is more than an on-screen personality shining through.
Life As An Author
While most will recognize Jeremy Clarkson as a television host, his writing started everything.
To this day, Clarkson has published numerous full-length books through Penguin Brooks, Virgin Books, Icon Books, Lancaster Books, and others.
- Jeremy Clarkson’s Motorworld
- Clarkson on Cars
- Planet Dagenham
- Born to be Riled
- Jeremy Clarkson on Ferrari
- I Know You Got Soul
- Don’t Stop Me Now!!
- Driven to Distraction
- The Top Gear Years
- If You’d Just Let Me Finish
- And more!
He has an extensive backlog of writing for those who want more Jeremy Clarkson in their lives.
Fun Facts About Jeremy Clarkson
Now that we’ve explored Jeremy Clarkson’s net worth, his time on Top Gear, and a few of his author works, let’s take a gander at a few fun facts to round out the experience!
- It’s no surprise that Jeremy Clarkson loves to wear denim jeans while on screen. Unfortunately, Levi’s blames Clarkson for their decline in sales over the years, dubbing his association with denim jeans as the “Jeremy Clarkson Effect,” in which middle-aged men wear jeans and put off younger crowds from the style.
- Of all the car manufacturers globally, only one shut its doors seemingly because of Jeremy Clarkson’s vitriol for their brand. According to some critics, Rover, a British car company, shuttered after Clarkson voiced his dislike of the vehicles.
- In 2004, at the British Press Awards, Jeremy Clarkson and Piers Morgan duked it out after exchanging a few hateful words. Clarkson apparently punched Morgan, leaving a nice little scar above his left eyebrow.
- His love of high-end cars runs deep. Clarkson seemingly passed his driving test in 1977 while behind the wheel of a Bentley R Type. He was so confident in his driving abilities he brought a pair of scissors to remove the L-plates after the test.
- In 2008, an online petition by fans urged Clarkson to run for Prime Minister. However, Clarkson responded to the request and claimed he would make a “rubbish” PM.
- He “stans” Genesis wholeheartedly. Jeremy Clarkson adores 1970s rock music, especially the band Genesis, and said, “Whenever I buy a new car, this is always the album I put into the CD changer and play first. On a recent Top Gear trip to the North Pole, James May and I listened to Genesis every time the cameras were off. And it was like being back at school. As the miles of absolute nothingness crunched by, we’d fill the time by seeing who knew the most lyrics off by heart (me) and what they might have meant (him).”
There you have it! Jeremy Clarkson’s net worth, his rise to fame, and a glimpse into his extensive car collection to boot.
Jeremy Clarkson FAQs
What is Jeremy Clarkson Net Worth?
Jeremy Clarkson net worth is currently $72 million USD.
How much money does Jeremy Clarkson earn?
Jeremy Clarkson earns $20.5 million from various sources.
How tall is Jeremy Clarkson?
Jeremy Clarkson is 6 ft 4 in (1.96 m)
How old is Jeremy Clarkson?
Jeremy Clarkson is currently 62 years old.
When is Jeremy Clarkson birthday?
Jeremy Clarkson birthday is on 11th April.