Nate Diaz Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$8 Million|
|Real Name:||Nathan Donald Diaz|
|Date of Birth:||16th April 1984|
|Age:||39 years old|
|Height:||6 ft (1.83 m)|
|Updated:||1st July 2023|
Nate Diaz is a professional MMA fighter who has been one of the most memorable in UFC history. He uses his knowledge of Brazilian jiu-jitsu to dominate his opponents over the course of his professional fighting career. Diaz was not afraid to take on more formidable opponents, either. His excellence has given him a reputation as one of the more successful fighters, reflecting his estimated net worth.
What Is Nate Diaz’s Net Worth?
At the time of this writing, Nate Diaz’s career earnings had him at the $8 million mark. He was commanding roughly $790,000 each year. His UFC career was uncertain as of this writing.
Who Is Nate Diaz?
Nate Diaz was born on April 16, 1985, in Stockton, California, where he still resides at the time of this writing. During his early life, he grew up in a one-story house in Lodi, which is near Stockton.As far as parenting figures go, he only had his mother – his father was not around much at all. He has fought as both a Lightweight and a Welterweight. He is the younger brother of Nick Diaz, who is also an MMA fighter.
One of Diaz’s main competitors was Conor McGregor. The two fought for the first time in March 2016, and he defeated Conor McGregor by making him submit. Then, after a few tense negotiations and one cancellation, the two fought again in August that year. This time, the fight went the distance, and McGregor won by a decision. There were rumblings of a tie-breaker fight, but nothing had come of those discussions as of this writing.
There was a big rift between Diaz and the UFC in 2022, and the fighter felt estranged from the company. MMA journalist Ariel Helwani chronicled this and even commented that he felt Diaz would have been treated better if he had been a boxer. As of this writing, Diaz’s UFC contract was going to come to an end, whether he got a final match or not. Then the future would be open to him.
Fun Facts About Nate Diaz
- The popular UFC fighter went to Tokay High School.
- He fought a lot before the UFC. Before that, he fought in World Extreme Cagefighting, Strikeforce, and Pancrase.
- Diaz first became a UFC fighter when he won on the TV show “Ultimate Fighter 5.”
- At this time, Diaz had fought in 34 UFC matches and sported a 21-13 record.
- The southpaw mixed martial arts fighter has been on Ultimate Fight Night many times. He was slated to be on the Sept. 10, 2022, card against Khamzat Chimaev, but that was uncertain at this writing.
- Although he is very popular, he has never held a championship belt. He came close, fighting Benson Henderson in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, but lost by decision.
- When he fought Michael Johnson, he made $110,000. Some of those winnings were from post-fight bonus awards.
- He defeated Alejandro Garcia by getting a triangle choke submission.
- Diaz is no stranger to fighting a one-sided bout. He had them against opponents like Rory Markham, Junior Assuncao, and Gray Maynard.
- When Diaz fought Jorge Masvidal, he lost by technical knockout due to a doctor stoppage.
- His girlfriend gave birth to their daughter in 2018.
- He has a CBD company called Game Up Nutrition
- Both he and Nick advocate for cannabis.
- Diaz donates to charity. One is St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
- The Diaz brothers run a Brazilian jiu-jitsu school in Stockton.
- Diaz is a vegetarian for the most part but does have fish every now and then.
Nick Diaz Academy
The Nick Diaz Academy is in Stockton, California, and has classes for adults and kids. Former UFC fighter Nick Spence teaches there, and so does Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor Cesar Gracie.
The older of the two brothers started training first. When Nate was 11, he started tagging along with Nick and training with Nick. They both started getting more robust and ready to fight. Nick trained in a variety of martial arts to become prepared to become a professional fighter. He also ran triathlons to be in better shape than his opponents.
Before he started his professional career, though, Nick endured a terrible tragedy. His girlfriend, who had been fighting depression, walked into a freeway and died. The fighter ran to her grave daily and dedicated his efforts to becoming a fighter, to make her proud.
Nick started fighting in 2001 when he turned 18. He first joined the IFC and won a championship there. Then he went to the UFC. Over the course of his career, Nick fought some of the biggest superstars, like Georges St. Pierre, Anderson Silva, and Frank Shamrock. He also spent some time away from that promotion and fought in other ones, like Strikeforce, before returning to Dana White.
There were rumblings that Nick might actually be one to fight Macgregor, but that would mean that Nate wouldn’t get his third match against the Irishman. That whole scenario is still up in the air as of this writing. Still, the two brothers have impacted the world of MMA fighting and the UFC.
Nate Diaz FAQs
What is Nate Diaz Net Worth?
Nate Diaz net worth is currently $8 million USD.
How much money does Nate Diaz earn?
Nate Diaz earns $790,000 peryear from various sources.
How tall is Nate Diaz?
Nate Diaz is 6 ft (1.83 m)
How old is Nate Diaz?
Nate Diaz is currently 39 years old.
When is Nate Diaz birthday?
Nate Diaz birthday is on 16th April.