Samuel L Jackson Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$250 Million|
|Salary:||$20 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Samuel Leroy Jackson|
|Date of Birth:||21st December 1948|
|Age:||73 years old|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Profession:||Actor, Voice Actor, Producer|
|Updated:||22nd June 2022|
Samuel L Jackson is one of the most well-known actors of his generation. He has starred in 150 movies to date, including Marvel movies. Every time he appears as Nick Fury in a Marvel movie, Jackson earns $4 to $6 million! You won’t believe what the Samuel L Jackson net worth is.
Samuel L Jackson Net Worth
Samuel Jackson’s net worth is $250 million. His movies gross almost $90 million per film, on average.
Early Life Summary Samuel Jackson
Samuel Jackson, born Samuel Leroy Jackson was born on December 21, 1948. He was born in Washington D.C. to his mother, Elizabeth, and father, Roy Jackson. As an only child, Samuel L spent much of his early years with his mother. He saw his father on occasion, but there was limited contact with him.
Growing up, Jackson learned from an early age what segregation was like as he attended several segregated schools where he was raised in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
After high school, Samuel L Jackson sought a degree in marine biology. He took acting classes as an easy class for additional credit but quickly discovered that he had both a love and a knack for acting. It led to him switching majors.
He was briefly suspended after working with other students to hold members of the board of trustees hostage as they demanded that changes take place in both the governance and the curriculum of the school. After being convicted of a second-degree felony, Jackson was suspended for two years. During this time, Samuel L Jackson worked as a social worker in the Los Angeles area.
However, he did return to school to achieve a Bachelor of Arts in Drama.
Samuel L Jackson began his acting career starring in various stage roles. His appearances began to make others notice him when he made the move from Atlanta to New York in 1976. It was after one such play in 1981 that he was introduced to Spike Lee, a famous director. Spike Lee went on to cast Samuel L in various bit parts in television films.
During the 1990s, he began to take on larger roles, starring in movies like “Good Fellas”, “Patriot Games”, “Jurassic Park”, and many more that became blockbuster hits.
Samuel L Jackson has also starred in a few franchises, which has contributed a lot to the Samuel L Jackson net worth, including starring as Nick Fury in Marvel movies and the Star Wars universe. He became even more well-known after starring as Fury in the Marvel film “Captain America.”
Other Career Pursuits
While his acting career did contribute, and still does contribute, significantly to the high Samuel Jackson net worth, it’s not the only thing behind the high Samuel Jackson net worth.
A deal from Capital One pays Samuel L an average of eight figures per year. Jackson has appeared in commercials for large brands, including Apple and Adidas. These miscellaneous endeavors have earned him millions of dollars and definitely contribute to the Samuel L. Jackson net worth.
Other Interesting Facts About Samuel Jackson
Jackson led quite an interesting life that is packed with fascinating portions, much like the characters that he plays. Some of the more interesting facts to know about Samuel Jackson include:
- Went to Morehouse College in Atlanta, Georgia
- Was one of the ushers at the funeral of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Once struggled with cocaine and heroin addiction, but successfully completed rehab
- He gave Marvel his permission to design the character of Nick Fury after him before he was given the role
- The highest-grossing movies that Jackson starred in were from Marvel
- Was the main voice used in the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Was the voice of God in the movie “The Bible Experience”
- One of the 15 highest-paid actors
- Jackson traced his DNA back to Gabon and became a citizen of Gabon in 2019
- He earned a total of $10 million for “Shaft”
- Jackson and his wife bought a home from Roseann Barr in 2000 for $8.35 million
- Together, the pair is estimated to own over $25 million worth of real estate
- His base salary for a role is $10 million
- The American actor starred in “Jungle Fever”
- Attended Riverside High School
- Jackson won an Academy Award for best-supporting actor
- Jackson appeared in the Star Wars films
- The Guinness Book of World Records recognized him as the highest-grossing movie actor of all time
- Does not have any other world records
Jackson got married in 1980 to LaTonya Richardson, an actress after they met while attending the same college. Two years after the wedding, in 1982, the couple welcomed their beautiful daughter, Zoe, into the world. His daughter is his only child.
Today, the family of three is known for participating in various charitable causes. Millions have been donated for causes that are involved in education, Alzheimer’s, and especially equal rights.
What Does The Future Hold For Samuel L. Jackson?
The future looks bright for Samuel L Jackson. He continues to star in movies, land endorsement deals, and have a thriving marriage with his wife. Jackson doesn’t seem to be surrounded by drama and controversy as some other stars are, which suits him well. Samuel L. Jackson’s net worth will only continue to rise. As Jackson’s net worth increases, so will his charitable contributions.