Conor McGregor Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$205 Million|
|Real Name:||Conor Anthony McGregor|
|Date of Birth:||14th July 1988|
|Age:||33 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 7 in (1.73 m)|
|Profession:||Professional Mixed Martial Artist, Businessman, Entrepreneur|
|Updated:||7th May 2022|
Since its founding in 1993, the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) has garnered worldwide attention from both boxing and mixed-martial arts fans. Of the entire sport and its countless pay-per-view promotions held multiple times per year, one fighter reigns supreme: Conor McGregor.
As the largest pay-per-view draw in history for the sport, McGregor rakes in the money and views, but what is Conor McGregor’s net worth? A question on everyone’s mind!
Conor McGregor’s Net Worth
As of this writing, Conor McGregor net worth sits comfortably at around $205 million. This includes the staggering $100 million payday received from his 2017 fight against Floyd Mayweather, the $50 million from his 2018 fight against Khabib, and $200 million pre-tax earnings from the sale of his whiskey Property No. Twelve.
The man is multi-talented and seemingly looking to expand his influence worldwide through both fighting and adult beverages, and it’s working out tenfold for his bank accounts!
In fact, he’s accumulated so much in earnings over the years, that in 2021, Forbes named him the world’s highest-paid athlete. He was also ranked fourth on the same list in 2018.
Who is Conor McGregor?
Born July 14, 1988, in Crumlin, Ireland, Conor McGregor always found himself drawn to physical activities, especially sports, like soccer. But it was at the age of 12 that he stepped into the gym and joined a boxing club for the first time.
By age 17, McGregor was introduced to UFC by Tom Egan through his job as a plumbing apprentice. The rest, as they say, is history.
So, what made Conor McGregor such a powerhouse in the octagon? Originally trained in boxing under John Kavanagh, the first Irishman to receive his black belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, McGregor also trained in Tae Kwon Do, Karate, Capoeira, and Kickboxing before competing in MMA. As a fighter, he is extremely well-rounded in numerous fighting styles, and it shows with win-after-win.
Conor McGregor’s UFC Achievements
Now that we know more about Conor McGregor’s net worth, plus a bit about his history, let’s take a gander at a few of his most notable UFC achievements.
- Conor McGregor is one of three fighters in history to earn the featherweight title and one of only nine to hang onto a lightweight title.
- On that note, McGregor is the only UFC fighter in history to two both titles simultaneously.
- He is the sole Irish champion in UFC history.
- At UFC 194, McGregor’s 13-second knockout against Jose Aldo was the fastest title-fight stoppage in the sport’s history.
- He is the only fighter in UFC history to earn eight consecutive fight-night bonuses, with zero other fighters coming close to the achievement.
The man is an absolute beast of a fighter! With so many achievements under his belt, fans are curious to see what comes next!
Interesting Facts About Conor McGregor
But hey, there’s always more to the man than meets the eye, right? Conor McGregor isn’t defined by his wealth or by his UFC achievements, no matter how marvelous either one is, though.
Here are a few interesting facts about Conor McGregor to satiate your curiosity one step further:
- Like many children today, Conor McGregor faced significant challenges in school. When he was young, other children would often bully the young boy due to his small stature at the time. This bullying was the driving catalyst to join athletics and learn how to box, though. It was fate!
- It’s no surprise to anyone that UFC is a tough, injury-prone combat sport. However, even the toughest fighters go down at some point. Or do they? Conor McGregor earned a reputation for fighting through injuries. When he tore his ACL against UFC Featherweight Champion Max Holloway, McGregor continued the fight.
- McGregor does not shy away from controversial or political topics. He is an outspoken advocate for gay rights, supporting gay marriage wholeheartedly, and isn’t too shy to remain silent despite his worldwide spotlight.
- McGregor is known far and wide for his extreme loyalty to both his team and his coach. But behind the scenes, he’s loyal to his long-time girlfriend, Dee Devlin, who he has been with through thick and thin since 2008. The two welcomed a child, Conor Jack McGregor Jr., recently.
- Despite today’s immense success, McGregor toughed it out for a long time. Before becoming famous, the Irishman found himself on welfare, cashing checks from the government. This was, unfortunately, during his fighting years, just before his match against Marcus Brimage.
To go from nothing to hundreds of millions of dollars is an incredible feat, and one likely not lost on the champion!
What’s Next for McGregor?
When he’s not going toe-to-toe with various weight class fighters in the UFC, McGregor is a keen businessman. He reinvests much of his earnings into other business ventures and holds multiple endorsement deals to boot.
Speaking of endorsements, the fighter has held endorsement deals from Beats by Dre., Monster Energy, Reebok, and Bud Light. In total, these endorsements were worth approximately $7 million. Later, in 2018, McGregor went on to sign another deal, this time with Burger King.
But that’s not the end of his business ventures. Ahead of his fight with Floyd Mayweather, McGregor announced a partnership with David August for a fashion line titled “August McGregor,” aimed at providing modern suits to millennials.
Then, in September of 2018, McGregor launched Proper No. Twelve, an Irish whiskey based out of Ireland, named after his Crumlin neighborhood. The whiskey line has since sold “hundreds of thousands” of bottles, according to the man himself.
Lastly, McGregor owns a pub, The Black Forge Inn, which only recently, in January of 2022, endured targeting by criminals with a petrol bomb. Thankfully, no one was injured and no damage was incurred to the property.
It’s safe to assume that, with Conor McGregor’s net worth already at $205 million, the man doesn’t intend to stop. He wins fights, invests in other industries, and rakes in money to keep his family living comfortably for many years to come. He’s setting the groundwork for his young boy, to be sure.