Young Dolph Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$3 Million|
|Salary:||$250,000 Per Year|
|Real Name:||Adolph Robert Thornton Jr.|
|Date of Birth:||27th July 1985|
|Died:||17th November 2021|
|Cause of Death:||Gunshot wound|
|Age:||36 years old|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.92 m)|
|Updated:||23rd November 2022|
Young Dolph was born Adolph Robert Thornton Jr. in Chicago, Illinois on July 27, 1985. This American rapper saw his 2016 debut album, King of Memphis reach #42 on the US Billboard 200. Young Dolph’s future releases kept climbing up the US charts. But, Young Dolph, despite surviving many shootings, saw his career cut short when he was shot and killed in Memphis, Tennessee, on November 17, 2021.
What is Young Dolph Net Worth?
It is estimated that Young Dolph’s net worth was approximately $3 million at the time of his death in 2021. Young Dolph started his rap career in 2008 when he was 23, releasing his mixtape paper route campaign. But he didn’t establish his own independent label until two years later. Young Dolph saw such success with his first album that he was encouraged to develop his rap flow.
Continuing to release music and tour, Young Dolph was making around $72,000 per week by 2014. He had the opportunity to make millions had he chosen to sign with a major record label, but instead decided to stay independent with his own Paper Route Campaign label. Forbes listed Young Dolph as one of their 10 Hip-Hop Cash Princes of 2016, noting he was one of only two independent rappers who had several Top 20 records from 2014 to 2016. It is reported that he earned at least $30,000 per show.
Young Dolph’s Net Worth Growth by Year
Young Dolph continued to see his net worth grow until he was killed in 2021. By December 2021, fans were showing Young Dolph love as his overall US song streams skyrocketed by 573%. Because his last album, Paper Route Frank, will be released posthumously, the Young Dolph net worths will increase.
|Net Worth in 2017||< $1 Million|
|Net Worth in 2018||$1 Million|
|Net Worth in 2019||$2 Million|
|Net Worth in 2020||$2.5 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021||$2.8 Million|
|Net Worth in 2022||$3 Million|
Who was Young Dolph?
Although born in the city of Chicago, Young Dolph became a Memphian when his family moved to Tennessee when he was two-years-old. Memphis is not just the birthplace of rock ‘n’ roll and home of the blues; it also has a thriving rap community. The origins of Memphis rap started in the ’90s, not too long after Young Dolph moved there, so he was immediately immersed in the South Memphis rap culture. Young Dolph suffered from a difficult childhood and was primarily raised by his grandmother, as both parents were addicted to crack cocaine. He went to Hamilton High School in the south section of Memphis, Tennessee.
Young Dolph and his long-time partner, Mia Jaye, had two children (Tre Tre and Aria). He wanted to spend more time with his children to avoid the feelings of abandonment he felt as a child. Although his success was growing, rumors were that Young Dolph had planned to retire from the music business by 2021 as he visited the city of Memphis more frequently to be with family.
Once he became a successful American rapper, Young Dolph wanted to give back to his impoverished community. He gave $25,000 to Hamilton High School for new equipment and school supplies and provided turkeys for his community each Thanksgiving through Memphis Athletic Ministries charity.
Young Dolph Discography Timeline
- 2008: Releases his first mixtape, Paper Route Campaign.
- 2010: Releases his second mixtape, Welcome 2 Dolph.
- 2010: Establishes his own independent label, Paper Route Empire.
- 2011: Releases High Class Street Music and High Class Street Music Episode 2: Hustler’s Paradise mixtapes.
- 2012: Releases A Time 2 Kill and Blue Magic mixtapes.
- 2013: Releases East Atlanta Memphis (with Gucci Mane), High Class Street Music 3: Trappin’ Out a Mansion, South Memphis Kingpin mixtapes.
- 2014: Releases Cross Country Trappin, High Class Street Music 4: American Gangster mixtapes.
- 2015: Releases High Class Street Music 5: The Plug Best Friend, Felix Brothers (with Gucci Mane and Peewee Longway), BagMen, 16 Zips, Shittin’ On The Industry mixtapes.
- 2016: Releases Bosses & Shooters (with Jay Fizzle & Bino Brown), Rich Crack Baby mixtapes. Rick Crack Baby reached #13 on the US rap chart.
- 2016: Releases debut album, King of Memphis. It reached #49 on the UB Billboard 200.
- 2017: Releases Gelato mixtape. It reached #13 on the US rap chart.
- 2017: Releases the album Bulletproof. It reached #14 on the US rap chart.
- 2017: Releases the album Thinking Out Loud. It reached #8 on the US rap chart.
- 2018: Releases the album Role Model. It reached #9 on the US rap chart.
- 2019: Releases the album Dum and Dummer (with Key Glock). It reached #4 on the US rap chart.
- 2020: Releases the album Rich Slave. It reached #3 on the US rap chart.
- 2021: Releases the album Dum and Dummer 2 (with Key Glock). It reached #4 on the US rap chart.
- 2022: Scheduled to release the album Paper Route Frank.
Young Dolph’s Death
The King of Memphis album title started tensions between Young Dolph and other Memphis rappers such as Yo Gotti and Blac Youngsta. The rap war continued as Blac Youngsta released the track, “SHAKE SUM (Young Dolph Diss).” In response, Young Dolph released “Play Wit Yo’ Bitch (Yo Gotti Diss),” and soon after, his SUV was shot over 100 times while the rapper was in Charlotte, North Carolina. Young Dolph survived the North Carolina shooting completely unscathed, which led him to release his second album, Bulletproof, in 2017.
He was shot three times in Hollywood and was listed in critical condition. Yo Gotti was named a suspect but later cleared of any charges.
Young Dolph was shot and killed in Memphis while Makeda’s Homemade Butter Cookies. Two gunmen shot him 22 times. Since then, three suspects have been arrested.
Young Dolph FAQs
What is Young Dolph Net Worth?
Young Dolph net worth is currently $3 million USD.
How much money does Young Dolph earn?
Young Dolph earns $250,000 per year from various sources.
How tall is Young Dolph?
Young Dolph is 6 ft 3 in (1.92 m)
How old was Young Dolph?
Young Dolph was 36 years old at the time of their death.
When is Young Dolph birthday?
Young Dolph birthday is on 27th July.