Lil Nas X Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$7 Million|
|Salary:||$14 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Montero Lamar Hill|
|Date of Birth:||9th April 1999|
|Age:||23 years old|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Profession:||Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Composer|
|Updated:||12th May 2022|
The world currently has the largest concentration of wealth than it has ever had in history. Annually, about a million people cross the threshold to join the lucrative list of people worth over $1 million. Lil Nas X is one of the notable figures who has hit the million-dollar mark and more in personal wealth.
While the American rapper may not stand out in the vast domain of wealthy people globally. Lil Nas X, whose real name is Montero Lamar Hill, ranks among the world’s wealthiest entertainers signed. His net worth will likely grow to astonishing levels.
The following is a breakdown of Lil Nas X’s wealth.
How Much Is Lil Nas X Worth?
The frequent swings in the property market and other investments Lil Nas X has to his name, especially the Sherman Oaks home worth over $2 million, ensure that his overall net worth is dynamic. However, as of this writing, the artist has a total net worth of about $7 Million.
Lil Nas X’s net worth has a lot to do with music and his use of appealing rhymes to advance hip-pop culture. No one can take the talent away from him.
The musician is also a songwriter and has so far released Montero, his debut album, to highlight his talent. You will know him by his bestseller “Old Town Road”, which broke his previous best on the Billboard Hot 100. The song peaked at number one and features snippets of riding horses with Billy Ray Cyrus.
Even though raw talent and the ability to release hot country songs alongside the likes of Billy Ray Cyrus, consistency is the significant factor behind the artist’s impressive wealth, Lil Nas X is a natural marketer. Nas’s ability to attract audiences on social media using cheeky methods is what saw him earn over $14 million in 2020, his highest annual earnings, according to Forbes.
Twitter is a platform that raised Lil Nas X’s profile and net worth way before he ventured into today’s country music. He shared many memes, attracting organic audiences via viral challenges that appreciate his personality.
Using an impressive Twitter following, he pulled the audience to his musical career, which already has a double platinum. So far, he has achieved the following:
- An American Music Award for his hip-pop songs in 2019
- An award from Apple Music for Song of The Year in 2019
- A BET award for Best Single and Duo Song (2019)
- Most nominated Male Artist for different awards
- Event of The Year Award from the Country Music Association Award (2019)
- Best Direction Music Video Award from the MTV Music Association Award
- Best Hip-pop Award from the Teen Choice Category in 2019
- Top Seller and Streaming Song featuring in the Billboard Charts (2020)
- A Grammy Awards position for a good performance and Best Music Video in 2020
- A place in the Hit Country Song Charts
- Best Pop Duo Performance with Billy Ray Cyrus in recent memory
Unlike other artists reliant on huge deals from the recording industry association to hit their peaks, Lil Nas X’s career is self-made. He has continued to prove this fact even though his parents divorced.
How Did Lil Nas X Rise To Become So Famous?
Lil Nas is a Georgia native, being born in Montero Lamar Hill and growing up just outside the city of Atlanta.
Through the gospel music sung by his father, Lil Nas X picked up an interest in music. His father exposed him to the music industry and musical instruments. In his early school days, the York rapper Nas played the trumpet, which he quickly put aside as it made him look uncool.
In his later years, he passed through the University of West Georgia after graduating from high school. Lil Nas X majored in computer science, but his passion for music made him cut short his education. His untimely exit from school meant he had to scrape by to survive, as his parents did not support what he did. They thought he was in the wrong crowd.
The explosion of internet memes and the tech that supported them meant that he found an entry to expose his talents to people. On Twitter, everything started working out with his memes. His posting focused a lot on pop culture.
Nas’s memes gained a meaningful fan base, which he used to launch a successful music career via a series of songs. Stunts like his Lil Nas X’s Satan shoe edition and the release of MONTERO have only made him popular.
What Are Some Key Facts about Lil Nas X?
Lil Nas X’s net worth is impressive, keeping in mind that he is new to the industry that many have failed to break. Here are some little-known facts about the artist that have elevated his current stature.
- While young, Lil Nas X dropped his interest in playing the trumpet because he thought it made him look uncool among the cool school kids that he adored.
- Lil Nas X went to university as a young teen to study computer science. However, he dropped out as his interest in music peaked.
- While Lil Nas X’s efforts on Twitter are the birthplace of his career in the entertainment industry, he uses multiple accounts to attract people to his work. His notable account was the Nicki Minaj fan account.
- After his infamous shoe gimmick, Nike threatened Lil Nas X with a lawsuit. However, he used the court date to promote some of his work—most notably, the “Industry Baby” video.
- Lil Nas X once made a hit with about $50 total in 2019. He achieved this by purchasing a beat for $30 from a Dutch producer, YoungKio. He recorded the music for $20 in a cheap studio and used Twitter and his meme prowess to make the song a hit on TikTok.
- Lil Nas X has given out expensive gifts, including a brand-new Maserati to Billy Ray Cyrus
What Projects Does Lil Nas Have Lined Up Currently?
On April 26, 2022, Lil Nas X announced a tour to market his debut album Montero, which had an impressive first-week performance—hitting 126K units sold in online stores. The tour comes after a TikTok performance with Avril Lavigne and Olivia Rodrigo. The TikTok video featuring the famous singers and the tour is a gesture that he wants to grow his music career and gain respect in the wider hip-hop community.
While he seems to have outgrown social media with his seemingly successful music career, the entertainer is still keen on growing his social media following. Lil Nas X currently has over 12 million Instagram followers and an impressive following on Twitter, even though an industrial baby, signed to Columbia Records.