Virat Kohli Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$127 Million|
|Salary:||$44 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Virat Kohli|
|Date of Birth:||1st January 1970|
|Age:||52 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 9 in|
|Updated:||26th May 2022|
If you love cricket, you will surely have heard of the “king of cricket,” Virat Kohli. Virat has become a wealthy man throughout his career as captain of the national Indian cricket team. Virat is arguably one of the best batters and most successful Indian Test captains the world has known.
The Indian international cricketer Kohli has an envious net worth for his efforts through his perseverance and skill. So let’s burrow into the specifics of the right armed batter’s salary, earnings, and how he likes to spend his money.
Virat Kohli’s Net Worth
Vitar is the highest-paid player in Indian Premier League cricket history and earns around $127 million.
Vitar Kohli’s Cricket Salary
Virat Kohli had a grade A+ contract with the BCCI and an annual salary of $44,133,250.00.
Besides the retainership amount, Virat Kohli’s IPL salary included:
- Each time he plays a Test match earns him $945,712.50.
- Every ODI match, he earns $378,219.00.
- Each T20I game adds $189,109.50 to his total salary.
Vitar Kohli’s Brand Salary
As one of Asia’s most-followed influencers on Instagram, Virat earns over 20 million a year as a brand ambassador, endorsing products. Some brands include Audi, Colgate-Palmolive, Flipkart, Google, Hero MotoCorp, Puma, Uber, Valvoline, Reebok, Godrej, Cinthol deo, and Nestle India.
How Vitar Kohli Spends His Money
Virat spends his money wisely, mainly with some extravagances thrown in for good measure. He owns a bungalow in his hometown of Gurugram, worth USD 1.0284677, but he spends most of his time in his Mumbai apartment, worth USD 1.0.4372123. He also owns several other properties in India.
Although Virat receives vehicles from his sponsors, he can’t resist buying certain luxury cars. As a result, Vitar has owned a Renault Duster, Audi 8, Toyota Fortuner, Toyota Liva, Bentley Continental GT, Bentley Flying Spur, Range Rover Land Rover Vogue, and Audi RS5 Coupe.
Kohli has expressed in the past that football was his second favorite sport. This may explain why Vitar co-owns several football clubs and franchises in different sporting leagues. He also owns a football club in FC Goa, the Indian Super League.
Virat Kholi is also a style icon. He has invested 13.2 crores in the famous brand Wrogn and does brand endorsements for this company.
Who is Virat Kohli?
Virat Prem Kohli
Virat Prem Kohli, the world’s most popular Indian cricketer, was born into a Punjabi Hindu family in New Delhi on November 5, 1988. Virat’s father, Prem Kohli, was a criminal lawyer. His mother, Saroj Kohli, kept the home running smoothly while raising Vitar and his elder brother Vikash, and an elder sister, Bhavna.
Kohli grew up in Uttam Nagar, beginning school at Vishal Bharti Public School in 1998. So, when West Delhi Cricket Academy was formed, nine-year-old Kohli was very excited. He couldn’t wait to join them.
However, in ninth grade, he shifted to Saviour Convent in Paschim Vihar to improve his cricket performance. Sadly, Virat’s father and number one supporter Prem Kohli died on December 18, 2006, because of a stroke after being bedridden for a month.
Virat met Anushka Sharma, a Bollywood actress, as famous and popular as Virat. They were married after four years of dating, in 2017, during a private ceremony in Florence, Italy.
Key Facts On Virat Kohli
- Virat came to the limelight when he scored 90 runs to save Delhi from following on in the match against Karnataka on December 19, 2006.
- In April 2007, Virat Kohli made his Twenty20 debut in his home state of Haryana.
- In February–March 2008, he captained the victorious Indian cricket team at the 2008 Cricket World Cup.
- In August 2008, they included Kohli in the Indian ODI squad for a tour of Sri Lanka.
- Virat Kohli was vice-captain for the tri-series against Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in 2010.
- Vitar was India’s leading run-scorer in ODIs in 2010, with 995 runs from 25 matches at an average of 47.38.
- He became the fastest Indian batsman to reach 1,000 runs in ODI cricket.
- Virat Kohli was vice-captain of India for the 2012 Asia Cup.
- Virat was the leading run-getter in ODIs for 2011, with 1381 runs from 34 matches.
- In 2012, Kohli struck two centuries in the five-match ODI tour of Sri Lanka.
- Virat Kohli became the swiftest batsman in the world to score 17 hundreds in one-day internationals.
- In the fastest century, Kohli helped India complete a 5-0 series sweep against Australia by an Indian in ODIs.
- He equaled Viv Richards’ record of making 5,000 runs in ODI cricket in his 114th innings.
- Virat Kohli was India’s Test captain for the first Test of the 2014-15 Australian tour.
- Virat was the first Indian batsman to score a century against Pakistan in a World Cup match.
- During the series, he became the fastest batter in the world to go past the 6000-run mark in ODIs.
- As Test captain, Kohli was the first batsman in Test cricket to score three hundreds in his first three innings.
- He scored 558 runs in 6 one-day internationals during India’s tour of South Africa.
- During the ODI series against West Indies, he became the fastest player to score 10,000 ODI runs.
- After the under-19 World Cup, the Indian Premier League franchise, Royal Challengers Bangalore, bought Virat Kohli for $30,000 on a youth contract.
- In the 2016 IPL, Virat Kohli broke the record for most runs in an IPL season. Scoring 973 runs during 16 matches at an average of 81.08.
- In October 2016, Kohli announced that Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) would be the IPL franchise he would play for permanently.
What’s Next for Virat Kohli?
Virat Kohli has not won a century in international cricket since 2019. Therefore, it was really no surprise when he announced he would resign as the T20 captain for India after the ICC Men’s T20I World Cup. Kohli said he stepped down because he needed space to lead ODI and Test teams.
Although Virat still intends to serve Indian cricket and the Indian team to the best of his ability. Knowing Virat Kohli’s laser-focused skills and determination, he will achieve that.