Vicente Fernandez Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$25 Million|
|Salary:||$2 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Vicente Fernández Gómez|
|Date of Birth:||17th February 1940|
|Died:||12th December 2021|
|Cause of Death:||Injuries Related to a Fall|
|Age:||81 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 6 in (1.7 m)|
|Profession:||Singer, Actor, Producer|
|Updated:||28th January 2023|
Talk of versatility, and you think of Mexican singer-songwriter and actor Vicente Fernandez. He is one of the few celebrities to enjoy as much success as a musician as they have attained as actors. Nicknamed Chente or El Charro de Huenititan, Fernandez has recorded over 50 albums and sold over 65 million copies worldwide. As an actor, he has starred in over 35 films. In addition to his recording artist and actor work, Fernandez is also a successful rancher and businessman.
He is a huge cultural icon in Mexico, and his career has spanned more than five decades. In a country where soccer is the national sport, Fernandez is one of the few celebrities who can rival the sport’s popularity. His fans are so devoted that they have been known to get tattoos of his image, and he regularly sells out stadiums across Mexico.
Who is Vicente Fernandez?
Vicente Fernandez Gomez was born in the small town of Huentitan el Alto, Jalisco, Mexico, on February 17, 1940. He was born Abelardo Gomez Rodriguez and Maria de Jesus Fernandez. His father was a truck driver who later became a successful businessman, and his mother was a homemaker.
Fernandez grew up in a lower-middle-class family and dropped out of school in the fifth grade to help support his family. He began working as a shoeshine boy and later took a job herding goats.
When he was 16, Fernandez left home to pursue a career in music. He moved to Mexico City and found work as a construction worker and janitor while he auditioned for roles in Mexican films and tried to break into the music industry.
Fernandez’s big break came in 1966 when he signed a recording contract with RCA Victor. His debut album, “Vicente Fernández,” was released that same year.
Fernandez quickly rose to stardom in Mexico and became one of the country’s most popular entertainers. He has released more than 50 albums, and his signature style of Mexican ranchera music has made him a legend in Mexico.
In addition to his success as a recording artist, Fernandez has also had a successful career as an actor. He has starred in 30 films, including “La ley del monte” and El Hijo del pueblo.
Fernandez has been married three times and has seven children. He resides on his ranch in Mexico with his third wife, Maria Elena Salinas.
What is Vicente Fernandez’s Net Worth?
At the time of his death in December 2021, Vicente Fernandez had an estimated net worth of $25 million. He was one of the highest-paid entertainers in Mexico and earned a fortune from his successful recording and acting careers.
Fernandez also made money from his businesses, including his ranches and restaurants. He was one owner of the popular Mexican restaurant chain, Senor Frog’s.
In addition to his net worth, Fernandez also had a large estate. His ranch, El Charro de Huentitan, spanned over 4,000 acres and was valued at $20 million.
Fernandez’s net worth increased significantly during his lifetime, and he was one of the richest celebrities in Mexico at his death.
Awards and Achievements
Vicente Fernandez was a legendary figure in the Mexican music industry, and he was honored with numerous awards during his career.
He was nominated for a total of 14 Grammy Awards and won four. He also won nine Latin Grammy Awards and 14 Premio Lo Nuestro Awards. In addition, he was nominated for an Academy Award for his role in the film El Charro de Huentitan.
Fernandez was also inducted into the Latin Songwriters Hall of Fame, the Hollywood Walk of Fame, and the International Latin Music Hall of Fame.
In 2006, he received the Mexican Order of the Aztec Eagle, the highest honor that can be given to a foreigner by the Mexican government.
In 2016, the Guinness World Records recognized Fernandez as the best-selling ranchera artist of all time.
In April 2016, Fernandez organized a farewell concert in the Estadio Azteca. He performed before more than 80,000 people, who happened to be the biggest audience of his professional life. The concert lasted more than 4 hours, with Vicente performing more than 40 songs. The concert was converted into an album and won the Grammy Award for the Best Regional Mexican Music Album of 2017.
- In 2007, Fernandez was arrested and charged with drunk driving after he crashed his car into a tree in Mexico City. He was later released on bail.
- In 2012, Fernandez’s son, Vicente Fernandez Jr., was shot and killed during a dispute at a bar in Guadalajara.
- In 2015, Fernandez caused controversy when he joked about then-presidential candidate Donald Trump during a concert in Los Angeles.
- He also denied a liver transplant in 2019 because it could have come from a drug user or a homosexual.
- He has also been accused of sexual assault by singer Lupita Castro, but no charges were ever filed.
Fun Facts About Vicente Fernandez
- He had epic nicknames. Fernandez was known as “El Rey de la Ranchera” (The King of Ranchera) and “El Charro de Huentitan” (The Cowboy of Huentitan).In Mexico, he was also nicknamed “Chente” or “Chente Corrido.”
- He was a major philanthropist. Fernandez donated millions of dollars to charities, including those that helped children with cancer and provided scholarships for disadvantaged students.
- He once had prostate cancer. In 2002, Vicente was diagnosed with prostate cancer and underwent successful treatment.
- He was an avid horseman. Fernandez owned several ranches where he bred and trained horses. He also participated in charreadas, a traditional Mexican rodeo.
- His favorite food was carne asada. It is no surprise considering his Mexican background.
- He had a fear of flying. Fernandez did not like to fly and often took the bus to his concert venues. He once said, “I don’t like to be above the clouds because I am afraid that God might lose track of me.”
- He was poor in his early days. Fernandez was born into a poor family in Huentitan El Alto, Jalisco, Mexico. Even as an adult, Vicente still faced financial challenges. He could not raise enough money to cover his wife’s hospital bill when she delivered their first child.
Q: How many kids did Vicente Fernandez have?
A: Fernandez had eight children: Vicente Fernandez Jr., Alejandro Fernandez, Gerardo Fernandez, Guillermo Fernandez, Maria Fernanda Fernandez, Pedro Fernandez, Vicente Fernandez III, and Zarela Martinez.
Q: What killed Vicente Fernandez?
A” Vicente Fernandez died of age-related complications in Mexico City on December 12, 2021. He was 81 years old.
Q: What did Vicente Fernandez do before turning to music and acting?
A: In his early days, he was a bricklayer, cashier, painter, and cabinetmaker.
Vicente Fernandez FAQs
What is Vicente Fernandez Net Worth?
Vicente Fernandez net worth is currently $25 million USD.
How much money does Vicente Fernandez earn?
Vicente Fernandez earns $2 million per year from various sources.
How tall is Vicente Fernandez?
Vicente Fernandez is 5 ft 6 in (1.7 m)
How old was Vicente Fernandez?
Vicente Fernandez was 81 years old at the time of their death.
When is Vicente Fernandez birthday?
Vicente Fernandez birthday is on 17th February.