Eddie Murphy Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$200 Million|
|Salary:||$45 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Edward Regan Murphy|
|Date of Birth:||3rd April 1961|
|Age:||61 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)|
|Profession:||Actor, Singer, Musician, Screenwriter, TV Producer, Voice Actor, Film Producer, Film Director, Stand-Up Comedian|
|Updated:||7th June 2022|
Eddie Murphy is an American actor with one of the most pedigreed careers in Hollywood. Eddie Murphy is also one of the most legendary stand-up comedians in history and has built a career as one of the best film writers in the film industry.
He’s best known for his performances in films such as Harlem Nights, Coming to America, Trading Places, Adventures of Pluto Nash, Shrek Forever, and Norbit, wherein he portrays several different characters.
While his acting skills are the main reason for Eddie Murphy’s net worth, there is so much more to the actor than most know. Keep reading to find out more.
What is Eddie Murphy’s net worth?
Eddie Murphy is worth $200 million and, as one of the most well-paid actors in the world, he commands an impressive salary of $20 million per movie and has been doing so since the 80s,90s, and 2000s.
Eddie Murphy is also one of the most profitable actors in Hollywood thanks to the popularity of his movies.
Eddie Murphy’s Career
Unlike other actors, Eddie Murphy didn’t settle for acting only. He’s also a singer, screenwriter, film producer, and film director too. He has achieved so much during his acting career that it’s no wonder Netflix gave him $70 million in 2019 to produce a series of comedy specials.
Eddie Murphy Net Worth Growth
Eddie Murphy’s movies have earned over $600 million at the box office to date, and he typically makes an annual income of $45 million. Eddie Murphy’s salary per movie can be anything from $15 million to $20 million and over the last few years, his net worth has grown rapidly by a rate of about 17%, making him one of the richest actors in Hollywood.
How Eddie Murphy Makes His Millions
For Eddie Murphy, it’s not only acting that brings in money but his ability to wear different hats in and out of the film industry. He has worked as a film producer and director, as well as a television producer, a singer, and a screenwriter, too.
Who is Eddie Murphy?
Eddie Murphy was born Edward Regan Murphy in Brooklyn, New York City on April the 3rd, 1961. His parents are Charles Edward Murphy and Lilian Murphy and growing up he had two brothers called Vernon Finch and Charlie Murphy, who passed on in 2017, aged 57 years.
Eddie Murphy is known as an American actor, writer, singer, comedian, and producer. He rose to fame in the 80s as part of the sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live.
In fact, he was a regular cast member on Saturday Night Live from 1980 to 1984. He was known for creating rough and personal comedy skits and fans loved him for his honesty as well as his great impersonation skills.
Eddie Murphy’s Relationships
Eddie Murphy has 4 daughters and 1 son with his ex-wife of 13 years, Nicole Mitchell Murphy, as well as two more sons with Paulette McNeely and Tamara Hood.
Eddie also has a baby girl, Angel Iris Murphy Brown, with former Spice Girl Melanie Brown as well as an additional son and daughter with his current partner, Australian model Paige Butcher.
Eddie Murphy’s Accolades
In addition to being an Academy Award nominee, Eddie Murphy has received many accolades throughout his career.
This includes 1 Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor on the film Dreamgirls, a Grammy Award for Best Comedy Album, as well as a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series.
In 1992, Eddie Murphy was featured in one of Michael Jackson’s most memorable music videos for the song, “Remember the Time”. He also performed with Michael Jackson in a song called “Whatzupwitu” which was unfortunately voted one of the worst videos of all time in 1999.
Although the video wasn’t much of a success for Eddie Murphy, his career in music was just beginning. Some of his most memorable records include the 1985 hit Party All The Time, as well as the songs Red Light and Oh Jah Jah.
Fun facts about Eddie Murphy
Let’s look beyond Eddie Murphy net worth for a while to some fun facts about his life that you may not know:
- He has a total number of 10 children, 6 girls, and 4 boys.
- Eddie Murphy is not married yet. The longest relationship was the one he had with Nicole Mitchel. They broke up in 2018, and since then he hasn’t married again.
- Eddie Murphy has done 5 sequels, including Beverly Hills Cop, Beverly Hills Cop ii, Beverly Hills Cop iii, Shrek, Shrek ii, Shrek the Third, and Shrek Forever After, as well as Dr. Doolittle, Dr. Doolittle ii, The Nutty Professor, and The Nutty Professor ii.
- The highest-grossing film that Eddie Murphy ever acted in is Shrek. It cost $919,800, 000 to make.
- The characters that Eddie Murphy portrays in most of his films are the way he is in person. He is said to be a fun person to be around, very active, clever, and funny.
- Eddie Murphy is quite good at impersonations and this is part of the reason why he’s a great actor.
- Although he’s mostly known for acting, Eddie Murphy is so much more than that. He can sing, write scripts, direct movies, and do many other things in the music and film industry.
- Eddie Murphy has only had public relationships with the five women that whom he has children. This is despite his reputation as a playboy when he was younger.
- His full name is Edward Regan Murphy.
What’s Next for Eddie Murphy?
Although he is a celebrated actor and comedian, Eddie Murphy has taken a break from acting in the last few years and was last seen in the films Dolamite is My Name (2019) and Coming 2 America (2021). Currently, he is working on Beverly Hills Cop 4 and is recently engaged to long-time partner Paige Butcher.