Don King Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$160 Million|
|Salary:||$12 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Donald King|
|Date of Birth:||20th August 1931|
|Age:||91 years old|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.86 m)|
|Updated:||28th January 2023|
Don King’s life is the story of a man who has fought for his success. He was an underdog who, against all odds, became a sporting legend and one of the most influential businessmen in the world. Read on to learn more about Don King and his current net worth.
Don King’s Net Worth
As of 2022, Don King’s net worth is estimated to be $150 million. King is an American boxing promoter who has been involved in some of the biggest fights in history. He has promoted the likes of Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr, and Floyd Mayweather. King is also known for his flamboyant personality and catchphrase, “Only in America!”
Who is Don King?
Don King was born in Cleveland, Ohio, in 1931. He grew up in a poor, inner-city neighborhood and dropped out of school in the ninth grade. He later turned to a life of crime and was convicted of manslaughter in 1966 after fatally shooting a man during a robbery.
King served nearly four years in prison, and during this time, he became interested in boxing. Upon his release, he quickly established himself as a successful promoter. He soon began working with some of the biggest names in the sport, including Muhammad Ali, George Foreman, and Mike Tyson.
While King has been instrumental in the careers of many boxing greats, he has also been plagued by accusations of corruption and unethical behavior. In 1997, he was indicted on federal charges of wire fraud and conspiracy but was ultimately acquitted.
The authorities discovered Don King’s illegal bookmaking operation in 2010. King used online sports betting websites to place bets on various sporting events. He was also found to be using several offshore bank accounts to finance his operations. King was sentenced to two years in prison and ordered to pay a fine of $250,000.
Don King is likely remembered for two things: his huge hair and bigger fights. When he persuaded Muhammad Ali to compete in a charity exhibition match in a Cleveland hospital in 1972, the boxing promoter made his debut. He promoted the renowned “Rumble in the Jungle,” a boxing contest between Ali and George Foreman two years later. Both combatants were given a massive $5 million guarantee as part of the Zaire-hosted event. The victory elevated King’s career to the next level in boxing history.
Despite his checkered past, King remains one of the most influential figures in boxing. He continues to promote some of the biggest fights in the sport, and his larger-than-life personality ensures that he is always in the public eye.
Don King and Mike Tyson have been linked together for decades, ever since Tyson exploded onto the boxing scene in the 1980s. King promoted some of Tyson’s most high-profile fights, including his bouts with Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis. The two men have had a tumultuous relationship over the years, with Tyson famously suing King for $100 million in 1998. However, they have seemingly patched things up in recent years, with King attending Tyson’s boxing match in Moscow in November 2013. There is no doubt that their long history has made them one of the most famous boxing duos in the world.
He quickly rose to prominence in the boxing world, and in 1971, he promoted the “Fight of the Century” between Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier. The event was a massive success and made King a household name. He has since promoted some of the biggest fights in boxing history and is considered one of the most influential sports figures.
Fun Facts about Don King
Don King is one of the most colorful and controversial characters in boxing. He has promoted some of the biggest fights in history and has been involved in numerous scandals. Here are some fun facts about Don King:
- Don King was born in Ohio in 1931.
- He has a criminal record, including convictions for manslaughter and insurance fraud.
- King is known for his flamboyant dress sense and outrageous hair.
- Don has promoted fights involving Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, and George Foreman.
- Tyson once punched him during a press conference!
- Did you know that Don King is the only boxing promoter in history to have simultaneously promoted three heavyweight champions of the world?
- He is also the only promoter to have promoted both the heavyweight champion of the world and the reigning Olympic gold medalist in the same year.
- A flamboyant character, King has been involved in several controversies throughout his career, including the infamous “Rumble in the Jungle” fight between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman in 1974.
- Despite his checkered past, King is still one of the most influential figures in the world of boxing, and his name is synonymous with the sport.
- King has been married to his wife, Henrietta, for over 50 years. Together, they have four children and eight grandchildren. Henrietta is a retired schoolteacher and is very active in her community. She is also a huge supporter of her husband’s career. The couple has been through a lot together, including the death of their son, Don Jr.
What’s Next for Don King?
Don King is a boxing promoter who has been involved in some of the biggest boxing matches in history. He is also controversial, having been convicted of manslaughter in 1966. Despite this, he remains a popular figure in boxing and has been linked with a potential presidential run in 2022 or 2023. King has not confirmed or denied these rumors but said he would be interested in running for office if the opportunity presented itself.
Don King FAQs
What is Don King Net Worth?
Don King net worth is currently $160 million USD.
How much money does Don King earn?
Don King earns $12 million per year from various sources.
How tall is Don King?
Don King is 6 ft 1 in (1.86 m)
How old is Don King?
Don King is currently 91 years old.
When is Don King birthday?
Don King birthday is on 20th August.