Aamir Khan Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$255 Million|
|Salary:||$1.5 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan|
|Date of Birth:||14th March 1965|
|Age:||58 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 4 in (1.80 m)|
|Profession:||Actor, Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Talk Show Host|
|Updated:||8th June 2023|
The Hindi cinema or as we all like to call it, Bollywood, is the largest filmmaker in the greater Indian Cinema. And in this renowned film industry, Bollywood celebrity actors have devoted fans, ridiculous followings, and a great deal of wealth. One such Indian actor is Aamir Khan, one of the biggest movie stars in India today.
Having been in the Indian film industry for over 30 years, featured in numerous commercially successful films, and produced and directed several highly acclaimed commercial masala films, it is no surprise Aamir Khan is a household name locally in India, overseas in Eastern Asia, and globally. Hence the question, what is Aamir Khan Net worth?
What is Aamir Khan Net worth 2022?
As of 2022, Aamir Khan’s net worth sits pretty at $230 million. With his wildly successful acting career, Aamir Khan’s net worth is a testament to the fruits of hard work.
However, it is important to note that his net worth is not derived solely from his earnings in Hindi films. His revenue comes from being a brand ambassador, film producer, and director, and his own production company Aamir Khan Productions.
While $230 million is quite a big figure, do you understand just how much money that is? Let’s break down Aamir Khan net worth and just how rich Aamir Khan is.
How rich is Aamir Khan?
Aamir Khan is believed to have one of the most luxurious car collections in Bollywood. Some of the notable Aamir Khan cars include:
- The bullet-proof Mercedes-Benz Maybach S600, which retails at around $200,000
- The Rolls Royce Ghost powered by a 6.6-liter twin-turbo V12 engine
- The Bentley Continental Flying Spur, which is quite famous among Bollywood stars
Besides owning expensive cars, Aamir Khan net worth is also seen in his real estate portfolio. Aamir owns real estate worth an estimated $15 million. This includes a 2-acre holiday home — a Panchgani bungalow — and his favorite luxury apartment in Pali Hill, Mumbai, with a stunning view of the Arabian Sea.
What is the monthly income of Aamir Khan?
Living such an affluent lifestyle makes you wonder exactly how much does Aamir Khan earn in a month?
Mr. Khan enjoys a monthly salary of at least 120,000,000 Indian Rupees — equivalent to $1.5 million. The largest paycheck Aamir has ever received was from his feature as the lead actor in the film Dangal, a whopping $42 million that translates to 3,258,031,435 Indian Rupees — making him one of the highest-paid actors not in Hollywood at the time.
But who exactly is Aamir Khan, and how has he built such a high net worth as a successful Indian actor?
Who is Aamir Khan?
Born Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan to film producer Tahir Hussain, and Zeenat Hussain, Aamir Khan started testing the waters of the film industry child actor. At eight years old, Aamir Hussain Khan appeared in Yaadon Ki Baaraat, the first masala film in Bollywood. At 19 years old, he landed his first feature film role as an adult in Holi, a coming-of-age drama film.
Two years later, he landed his first leading role in Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, which became a highly successful film and won Aamir Khan his first award as Best Male Debut. He also met his first wife, Reen Dutta, on the set of Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak.
Aamir Khan’s success in the film industry is acclaimed for the entertainment and production values his films incorporate from both realistic parallel cinema and commercial masala films and his ease in working with people.
Aamir has received numerous awards for his work, including four National Film Awards and nine Filmfare Awards. The Indian film actor has also been honored by the Government of India through the award of the Padma Shri, the fourth-highest civilian award in 2003, and the Padma Bhushan, the third-highest civilian award in 2010.
Below are the top 10 career highlights that contributed to Aamir Khan net worth and rise as one of the most influential actors in Indian cinema today.
Top 9 Career Highlights of Aamir Khan
- 1993: Aamir starred in Parampara by Yash Chopra alongside Sunil Dutt, Vinod Khanna, Raveena Tandon, and Saif Ali Khan. Although the film was a critical and commercial failure, Aamir Khan’s feature in this ensemble cast introduced him to a wider audience.
- 1996: Aamir Khan won the Best Actor award at the Filmfare Awards for his feature in the commercial blockbuster Raja Hindustani. This was his first win in the category after seven previous Best Actor Filmfare award nominations.
- 1999: Khan founded Aamir Khan Productions and worked on his first film under his production house, Lagaan, selected as India’s official entry to the 74th Academy Awards in the Best Foreign Language Film category. It was also on the set of Laagan that he met Kiran Rao, who was to become his second wife.
- 2007:Aamir Khan made his directorial debut with the Indian film Taare Zameen Par. The film went on to win the Filmfare Best Film Award in 2008, while Khan won Best Director.
- 2009: Aamir Khan featured in 3 Idiots as Ranchodas Chanchad. The film became one of the few Indian films to perform successfully in East Asian markets, making it the highest-grossing Bollywood film ever in overseas markets.
3 Idiots remains Aamir Khan’s film feature that has won the most numerous awards, three National Film Awards, six Filmfare Awards, eight IIFA Awards, Ten Star Screen Awards, and the Grand Prize at Japan’s Videoyasan Awards.
- 2013: Amir Khan featured in Dhoom 3, which he said was the most difficult role of his career as he had to pull off a double role. The film was widely successful grossingUS$34.13 million worldwide within three days of its release.
- 2016: Aamir Khan produced and starred in Dangal, as a former wrestler who decides to train his daughters in wrestling for the Commonwealth Games despite the stigma to fulfill his dream of winning a gold medal for his country. The film was critically-acclaimed and a hit in Indian cinema on its release.
It was the highest-grossing Indian film of all time, a successful blockbuster overseas in China, the highest-grossing non-Hollywood foreign film, and the fifth highest-grossing non-English language film of all time worldwide. The film also won Khan two more Filmfare Awards in the categories of Best Film and Best Actor, making this his third best actor award won.
- 2017: Khan produced Secret Superstar, one of the most profitable films of all time, grossing an estimated $110 million worldwide against a production budget of $2.6 million.
- 2018: Aamir Khan starred alongside Amitabh Bachchan in one of the most expensive Bollywood films. The production of the action-adventure film Thugs of Hindostan cost an estimated $46.07 million while it only grossed $48 million.
5 Interesting Facts About Aamir Khan
- In the 1980s, Khan was a professional tennis player. He even became a state-level tennis champion before pursuing acting as a career. 2014 saw Aamir Khan relieve his tennis days as he participated in the International Premier Tennis League exhibition match. He played doubles with grand slam winners Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, and Sania Mirza.
- Aamir Khan has married twice so far, and coincidentally, both marriages ended after 16 years each. Khan married Reena Dutta in 1986, had two children, a son, Junaid Khan, and a daughter, Ira Khan, and got divorced in 2002. He later married Kiran Rao in 2005, had a son, Azad Rao Khan via surrogate, and got divorced in 2021.
- In November 2011, Aamir Khan was appointed as India’s national brand ambassador of UNICEF to promote child nutrition. Today he continues to raise awareness about malnutrition as part of the government-organized IEC campaign.
- In 2015 Aamir Khan sparked political controversy with his comments on the rising intolerance and violent attacks against Muslims in India. Even as he received backlash and was branded “anti-national” on social media, Khan received support from fellow Indian celebrities such as Hrithik Roshan and Shah Rukh Khan.
- Aamir Khan is the most followed Indian national on the Chinese social media site Sina Weibo.
Aamir Khan FAQs
What is Aamir Khan Net Worth?
Aamir Khan net worth is currently $255 million USD.
How much money does Aamir Khan earn?
Aamir Khan earns $1.5 million per year from various sources.
How tall is Aamir Khan?
Aamir Khan is 5 ft 4 in (1.80 m)
How old is Aamir Khan?
Aamir Khan is currently 58 years old.
When is Aamir Khan birthday?
Aamir Khan birthday is on 14th March.