Mark Wahlberg Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$300 Million|
|Salary:||$2 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Mark Robert Michael Wahlberg|
|Date of Birth:||5th June 1971|
|Age:||52 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)|
|Profession:||Actor, Model, Film and Television Producer, Entrepreneur, Investor|
|Updated:||29th June 2023|
Mark Robert Michael Wahlberg, more famously known as Mark Wahlberg and Marky Mark by close friends and relatives, is one of the world’s most affluent Hollywood actors. As of April 2022, Mark Wahlberg’s net worth stood at $300 million. He is famous for transitioning from a drug dealer and gang member to a successful actor.
Who is Mark Wahlberg?
Like most kids in their early life, Mark Wahlberg spent his early childhood in his large family. He was born on the 5th day of July 1971 in Boston, Massachusetts into a family with nine siblings. Unfortunately, his childhood was anything but smooth. The Wahlberg family suffered a blow when his parents separated, and he never graduated high school. By 13, he was addicted to cigarettes. Quickly getting disinterested in school, he dropped out and started roaming the streets of Boston selling cocaine as part of a gang.
When he turned 17, Robert Michael Wahlberg was arrested and found guilty of felony assault after a violent altercation with two men. Even though he was sentenced to two years in prison, he only served 45 days. However, he seriously regrets his actions as a teenager. Some of his brothers, Donnie Wahlberg, Arthur Wahlberg, and Robert Wahlberg, also turned out to be exceptional actors.
Mark Wahlberg’s Career Beginnings
Mark Wahlberg began his career in the entertainment world as ‘Marky Mark,’ a rapper, at 19. You may recall the group ‘New Kids on the Block,’ which also included his brother, Donnie, and other rappers such as Scott Ross (Scottie Gee). After his release from prison, Mark Wahlberg’s brother, Donnie, helped him get back on his feet and into the music industry. Some of the hits from the group’s first album, ‘Music for the People,’ reached the Times Square Billboard Top 100 Charts. His 1991 single ‘Good Vibrations’ from the album was number one on the charts and even went platinum, probably jumpstarting his net worth. Unfortunately, the rap group’s second album was not as successful. He started setting his sights elsewhere, a move that explains the incredible Mark Wahlberg net worth today.
Mark made his acting debut in 1993, in a movie called ‘The Substitute.’ When he scored success in this avenue, he dropped his rap name, ‘Marky Mark,’ and stuck with Mark Wahlberg. The 1995 film “The Basketball Diaries”, which he performed alongside Leonardo DiCaprio, was the first film to give him critics’ attention. His starring roles in the movies Fear (1996), Boogie Nights (1997), and Three Kings (1999) got him positive reviews from film critics.
Mark’s charisma and energy have given him a successful career in Hollywood films. In the early 2000s, he got roles in big-budget films like ‘The Italian Job’ and ‘Planet of the Apes.’ Now, you know him for taking the lead role in movies like Lone Survivor, Daddy’s Home, The Gambler, Max Payne, Ted, The Lovely Bones, Patriot’s Day, Deep Water Horizon, and so many others. He has collaborated with other big names, like Charlize Theron in ‘The Italian Job’ and Burt Reynolds in ‘Boogie Nights.’ He has also produced shows and movies like Boardwalk Empire, Wahlburgers, The Lost Lincoln, Lone Survivor, and Entourage. As an executive producer of Entourage, Mark Wahlberg’s salary was $3 million per year.
Before his big break in TV film, he was already popular as a rapper and model due to his well-built physique. He was a model for Calvin Klein underwear, which had him displaying his built frame in magazines and TV promos. He was also featured in Vanity Fair’s Annual Hall of Fame underwear ads. Some of his investments include a water company called Aquahydrate with billionaire Ron Burkle, and a sports nutrition company called Performance Inspired. Mark Wahlberg also has a stake in a Barbados-based cricket team.
Interesting Facts About Michael Wahlberg
- Mark Wahlberg is a co-owner of Wahlburgers, a Boston-wide restaurant franchise. He started it with two of his brothers, Donnie and Paul Wahlberg, as a small Massachusetts diner. Soon, he thought about expanding it throughout Hingham, Massachusetts as a full chain and promoting it with a reality show starring another of his siblings, Jim Wahlberg.
- Marky Mark’s second album may not have been successful. However, he had a huge fan following and was famous for dropping his pants in public.
- During the reshoots of the movie ‘All the Money in the World,’ Mark Wahlberg earned $1.5 million as a salary while Michelle Williams, his co-star, earned less than $1,000. This unequal pay sparked conversations all around. Even worse were the circumstances that forced the reshoot: Kevin Spacey, one of the actors in the film, had been dropped due to sexual abuse allegations. However, in response, Wahlberg donated the money to the legal fund for Time’s Up, a program that offers legal aid to women who have endured sexual abuse at work.
- His role in the movie ‘The Departed’ (2006) got Mark Wahlberg nominated for an Academy Award in the Best Supporting Actor category, a Golden Globe nomination for Best Performance by an Actor, and the National Society of Film Critics Best Supporting Actor award.
- Mark Wahlberg is married to Rhea Durham a former model. They had dated since 2001 and got married in 2009, and are blessed with four children. Mark Wahlberg’s children’s names are Ella Rae Wahlberg (18 years), Michael Wahlberg (10 years), Brendan Joseph Wahlberg (13 years), an actress, and younger Grace Margaret Wahlberg, who recently turned 12.
- Mark Wahlberg has listed his Beverly Hills mansion on the market, a move set to further boost the Wahlberg net worth. He plans to sell it for close to $90 million after he bought it for $8 million 12 years earlier in Beverly Park and transformed it into a luxurious mansion for his family.
What Is To Come For Michael Wahlberg?
A prolific actor, businessman, and brand ambassador, the Mark Wahlberg net worth will only get higher with time. Mark Wahlberg’s net worth of $300 million has come not only from his Hollywood acting career, but also from his early musical career, endorsement deals, business, and real estate. His subsequent success means that one’s beginnings as a troubled youth do not have to define where they end up.
Mark Wahlberg FAQs
What is Mark Wahlberg Net Worth?
Mark Wahlberg net worth is currently $300 million USD.
How much money does Mark Wahlberg earn?
Mark Wahlberg earns $2 million per year from various sources.
How tall is Mark Wahlberg?
Mark Wahlberg is 5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)
How old is Mark Wahlberg?
Mark Wahlberg is currently 52 years old.
When is Mark Wahlberg birthday?
Mark Wahlberg birthday is on 5th June.