ASAP Rocky Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$11 Million|
|Real Name:||Rakim Athelaston Mayers|
|Date of Birth:||3rd October 1988|
|Age:||34 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.78m)|
|Profession:||Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Rapper, Record Producer|
|Updated:||28th January 2023|
The entertainment industry is growing fast, especially the hip-hop scene, which has witnessed the likes of Kanye West hit the billion-dollar mark. While ASAP Rocky is far off from making his first billion, he ranks well among the top artists in the U.S.A. The rapper, whose real name is Rakim Mayers, has raked in mouthwatering sums of money through live performances, record deals, and music sales.
Here is some information about Asap Rocky’s net worth.
How Much Is Asap Rocky Worth?
As of writing this, ASAP Rocky is worth $11 million. Beyond music, the American rapper is a record producer, where he also rakes in a modest amount of money. While producing music, he uses the name Lord Flacko to distinguish him from the hip-hop music artist we all know and love.
Rocky’s wealth is a host of different record deals, including the ones with RCA Records and Polo Grounds Music. He has a company, ASAP worldwide, and plenty of music sales. One notable deal is the one he signed with Sony for about $3million, which elevated his status as a top hip-pop artist and won him several awards. Rocky began touring immediately after the transaction, where he could now make over $1 million annually to increase his net worth.
Rocky’s notable production is the solo work “Live. Love. ASAP.” It is his second album and was a massive hit in the U.S.
The album included some big names in the entertainment scene. It was so big that four songs made it to the Billboard Charts top 100. Money-wise, Rocky made some good money with the project because his fans bought about 3 million copies in the U.S., increasing his net worth.
ASAP Rocky’s net worth and work has endeared him to top brands. His fashion sense has also attracted the likes of Dior Homme, which is a well-known fashion house. The deal happened on June 13, 2016, after which the rapper started a campaign to popularize the fashion house. Endorsements do not come cheap, and what he received from the deal makes a significant part of his wealth today.
In fashion, the artist is a “fashion killa”, as he has his own clothing line called the AWGE, which innovates around hip-pop. The cloth line makes hoodies, caps, and shirts that gain inspiration from Raf Simons—a high-profile fashion designer. The cloth line has witnessed some success through the years, with a notable partnership with a Japanese retailer, NEEDLES, in 2019. Rocky also made the clothes available online through an eCommerce portal, where his fans or anyone can have a piece.
Through the wealth amassed over the years, Rocky has treated himself to the best luxuries money can buy, from houses, to the type of cars many cannot afford. One of ASAP Rocky’s houses in West Hollywood has a valuation of over $3 million, with an impressive car collection to match the status.
Who Is ASAP Rocky?
ASAP Rocky is a New York native, born in the city’s heart on October 3, 1988. His early life, especially from third grade, was tough, because of his parents’ personal life choices dealing drugs. The rapper had a sister called Erika B. Mayers and a mother who hailed from Barbados called Adrian Mayers.
In his early teens, ASAP attended the Bayard Rustin Educational Complex, where he nurtured his hip-pop career. A notable fact is that his older brothers, who wanted to be a future rapper, took him through the steps of becoming the superstar he is today through a series of mentorships.
Unfortunately, drug dealing led to the Harlem-based collective father’s arrest, in 2012, he died in jail. His mother died a year later, and his brother too, but his passion for music, where he could write rap songs and hope to meet well-known record producers, helped him cope after the series of deaths.
Asap Rocky’s Music Journey
ASAP Rocky initiated himself into the world of rap at 19, when he joined the ASAP Mob group for his first rap song and started rapping professionally. However, it was after the release of “Purple Swag” and “Peso”, which became instant hits, that people started noticing him. After releasing the mixtape “Live. Love. ASAP”, he became a star, with the likes of Kid Cudi and Frank Ocean wanting a partnership. Sony signed him for $3 million in 2012, and since then he has graced the music scene with appearances at many music festivals. He seems to have a successful music career.
Some Little-Known Facts about ASAP Rocky
- ASAP Rocky has dated some massive artists in the entertainment scene. The artist has dated model Chanel Iman, Rihanna, who is his current girlfriend, and Iggy Azalea back in 2012. He also had a crush on Lana Del Ray.
- Ap Rocky’s net worth has taken a hit from several legal issues. In 2012, he went into custody for allegedly attacking a man who saw him taking drugs in a New York store.
- In Sweden, he went into custody, putting Rocky’s tour in jeopardy, because of an altercation with fellow musicians such as Mustafi Jafari. Rocky posted the brawl on Instagram. He left the country via a private jet after serving jail time for several days and paying damages to the offended.
- The artist has made number one on the Billboard Hot 200. The impressive performance came after his previous year’s debut album “A. L. L. A” leaked online in May 2015.
- Rocky’s soundtrack appeared in the film Uncle Drew to boost his rapping career.
- ASAP Rocky’s net worth benefits from music collaborations with other respected artists in the rap music scene. Rocky collaborated with Gucci Mane, 21 Savage, and Kendrick Lamar, who are successful rappers, in previous music videos.
- Rocky once went into police custody before an appearance on the Jimmy Fallon late-night show. He made up for the arrest by performing “Goldie” later on after release.
- While his father was in jail, Rocky and his family moved to a shelter, where he also sold drugs. He served a two-week jail term for the misdemeanor.
What To Expect Next From ASAP Rocky
Good music is at the heart of the artist; expect a new studio album that could win a world music award and many live performances to grace the most popular radio stations. His alleged relationship with Rihanna is also something to expect. Perhaps the TV debut with the films Dope and Uncle Drew might spark an interest in Rocky making a new film. Rocky’s net worth will benefit from these projects and grow even more.
ASAP Rocky FAQs
What is ASAP Rocky Net Worth?
ASAP Rocky net worth is currently $11 million USD.
How much money does ASAP Rocky earn?
ASAP Rocky earns $1.2 million from various sources.
How tall is ASAP Rocky?
ASAP Rocky is 5 ft 8 in (1.78m)
How old is ASAP Rocky?
ASAP Rocky is currently 34 years old.
When is ASAP Rocky birthday?
ASAP Rocky birthday is on 3rd October.