Dolly Parton Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$350 Million|
|Salary:||$7 Million PerYear|
|Real Name:||Dolly Rebecca Parton|
|Date of Birth:||19th January 1946|
|Age:||77 years old|
|Profession:||Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Theme Park Owner, Businessperson, Entrepreneur|
|Updated:||17th March 2023|
There’s so much to know and love about the great female American singer known as Dolly Parton. Let’s take a trip through Dolly’s life and career and learn what made her the legendary country artist, singer, songwriter, and businesswoman she is today.
Read on to learn more about Dolly Parton’s net worth, amazing career, and praiseworthy theme parks.
What Is Dolly Parton’s Net Worth?
When Dolly Parton was a child, her mother advised her, “Always save something back for you.”
Her confidence and mother’s advice paved the way for her financial success, with the singer-songwriter’s estimated net worth currently at $350 million.
- During Dolly Parton’s career, she has given away millions of dollars to causes like education, animal protection, and Vanderbilt University to help towards the development of a COVID-19 vaccine,
- Dolly Parton’s fragrance Scent From Above sold out on HSN faster than any other scent in the previous decade.
- Dolly is wealthy, yet she doesn’t waste her money. She likes earning and spending money, which includes her wigs and glittery costumes. Dolly’s stylist, Cheryl Riddle, handcrafts each of her wigs,$5000 wigs and she owns at least 365.
- Dolly Parton’s library of more than 3,000 song credits, including songs like “9 to 5” and “Jolene,” generates between $6 million and $8 million in royalties each year.
Who Is Dolly Parton?
Dolly Parton launched her country debut album, Hello, I’m Dolly, in 1967, which made her a household name during the sixties (as a solo act and as part of a package deal with Porter Wagoner).
On a roll, Dolly’s record sales on the country charts peaked throughout the seventies and lasted into the eighties.
Parton’s 1990s records didn’t sell as well, but she continued to find financial success and has released albums on independent labels since 2000, including her own label, Dolly Records. She’s sold more than 100 million albums.
Named Dolly Rebecca Parton at birth, Dolly was born in Pittman Center, Tennessee to parents Avie Lee Caroline and Robert Lee Parton Sr. Parton, and is the fourth of twelve children, with three deceased siblings as of 2022.
Music In Her Soul
Music was a significant part of her early life; she began singing at six and first performed on radio and television at ten. Parton went to Nashville the day after graduating from high school in 1964.
At 19, she signed with Monument Records and was first marketed as a bubblegum pop vocalist. After her song “Put It Off Until Tomorrow” reached number six on the country music charts in 1966, the label relented and let her record her country music.
Dollie’s first country hit, “Dumb Blonde,” was one of the few songs she recorded but did not write herself.
Dolly Parton was asked to join the Porter Wagoner Show in 1967, giving her a regular role on his weekly TV program, The Porter Wagoner Performance, and in his live touring show. Wagoner persuaded his record company, RCA Victor, to sign her.
Dolly and Porter Wagoner worked together on many albums and songs, and they became one of the most popular and successful duos in the country.
With her involvement in the music business, Dolly now co-owns The Dollywood Company, which oversees a variety of entertainment venues, including the Dollywood Theme Park, dinner theater locations, and Splash Country water park, as well as Pirates Voyage and The Dolly Parton Stampede.
Dolly Parton And Her Husband Carl Dean
On May 30, 1966, in Ringgold, Georgia, Parton married construction worker Carl Thomas Dean. Dean, who retired from running an asphalt road-paving company in Nashville, has always shied away from the spotlight and seldom attends events with his wife.
Fun Facts About Dolly Parton
The country music phenomenon has been open about her cosmetic surgery and wig collection, but we bet you didn’t know these intriguing facts about her.
- Dolly’s father gave the doctor, who delivered her a bag of grain as payment.
- She lost a Dolly Drag Queen contest even though she “over-exaggerated” her image for the competition. However, she was no match for the “gorgeous drag queens” who spent months on their outfits, and the crowd booed Dolly off the stage.
- Dolly founded her own record company, Dolly Records, and had 25 of her songs ranked at number one on the Billboard country music charts, as well as 11 Grammy Awards and 10 Country Music Association Awards.
- Parton is the second woman to top the Billboard Hot 100 US country charts simultaneously. “9 to 5” appeared on Parton’s 23rd solo album, 9 to 5, and Odd Jobs. A pop/country album topped the Billboard Hot Country Albums for 10 weeks.
- Dolly has written almost 3,000 songs, the most famous of which is “I Will Always Love You,” which was a smashing success for Whitney Houston in 1992.
- Dollywood theme park was first called Rebel Railroad in 1961, then Goldrush Junction, and then Silver Dollar City. When the singer bought it in 1986, she changed the name to Dollywood.
What’s To Come For Dolly Parton?
The 76-year-old Dolly Parton never sits still for long, and she recently made an appearance to accept her award and take her place in the Rock and roll Hall of Fame. She is now working on a rock and roll album.
Dolly has recently published her first novel called “Run, Rose, Run”, which she co-wrote with James Patterson and is turning into a movie in which she intends to star.
Dolly is performing at SXSW in Austin, Texas, in March. She has a new Christmas album coming out in December. She is releasing a gospel album in the fall. So don’t miss your chance to see her latest hit-packed stage show.
Dolly Parton FAQs
What is Dolly Parton Net Worth?
Dolly Parton net worth is currently $350 million USD.
How much money does Dolly Parton earn?
Dolly Parton earns $7 million peryear from various sources.
How tall is Dolly Parton?
Dolly Parton is 5 ft
How old is Dolly Parton?
Dolly Parton is currently 77 years old.
When is Dolly Parton birthday?
Dolly Parton birthday is on 19th January.