Wendy Williams Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$40 Million|
|Salary:||$10 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Wendy Joan Williams|
|Date of Birth:||18th July 1964|
|Age:||58 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)|
|Profession:||Television Host, TV and Film Producer, Actress, Author, Businesswoman|
|Updated:||28th January 2023|
Wendy Williams is a globally celebrated television host and media personality. Her show, The Wendy Williams Show, has been one of America’s most-watched daytime shows, catapulting Wendy to fame as she talks about news and events taking place in the entertainment world.
Wendy Williams is also a renowned author who has penned several bestselling books. She is also a businesswoman with a jewelry and clothing line to her name. Wendy Williams has also appeared in several films and hosted her own comedy show. While a lot is known about Wendy’s glittery career and personality, not much is out in public about her wealth.
What is Wendy Williams’s Net Worth?
Wendy Williams has an estimated net worth of $40 Million.
Wendy’s fortune has accumulated from her over 20 years of hosting the Wendy Williams Show, which has run over 1,500 episodes, and the sales from the books she has authored. Her salary from The Wendy Williams Show is estimated to be $55,000 per episode.
Wendy’s fortune also comes from her clothes and jewelry lines and various endorsement deals she has signed over the years as a media personality. Wendy has also produced several films, starred, and appeared as a guest act in other productions.
Wendy Williams’s early life
Wendy Joan Williams was born in Asbury Park, New Jersey, on July 18, 1964. She is the second child of Shirley Williams and Thomas Williams Snr. Her siblings are Wanda Williams and Thomas Williams Jr. Wendy’s mother was a special education teacher while her father was a school administrator. Wendy’s family moved from Asbury Park to Ocean Township, New Jersey, when Wendy was still young.
Wendy Williams attended Ocean Township High school, where she graduated in 1982. She then joined Northeastern University and graduated four years later with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications.
Wendy had intended to take up a career as a television anchor, but while at university, Wendy switched her studies from television communications and specialized in radio instead. Wendy believed that radio would fast-track her career, much to the chagrin of her parents. She went further and joined Kiss 108, where she interned on the Matt Siegel show.
She, however, studied journalism to please her parents. While at Northeastern University, Wendy got her first stint in radio when she deejayed at WRBB, the college’s radio station.
Wendy’s career in radio
Wendy Williams got her first professional job at WVIS radio in the Virgin Islands. Eight months later, she left the radio station and had brief working stints as a substitute DJ at Wol, WQHT, WPLJ, and WRKS. While hosting the Dish the Dirt segment of the Wake Up Club show at WRKS, Wendy started gossiping about rappers and other celebrities in the entertainment industry.
This gossip segment increased Wendy’s popularity, and in April 1981, she became the host of the Evening Drive. Wendy Williams grew into a household name, and by 1993, she had become the highest-rated host in her evening time slot. That same year, she won the Billboard Radio Award for R&B Major Market Radio Air Personality of the Year.
In 1994, Wendy switched stations and joined HOT 97 until 1998, when she got fired. Not one to back down her career goals, Wendy soon joined WUSL radio in Philadelphia. While at WUSL, Wendy met Kevin Hunter, who later became her husband and agent.
Fun facts about Wendy Wendy Williams
- It was while at WUSL that Wendy Williams openly discussed her personal life. She talked about her struggle with drug addiction, how she suffered two miscarriages before the birth of her son, Kevin Hunter Jr, and her breast enhancement procedure, among other personal details. These talks helped grow her listenership, and the station’s rating moved from 14th position to 2nd position.
- Wendy moved back to New York in 2001, working as a full-time host of WBLS’ syndicated 2-4 pm show. While at WBL, Wendy Williams got inducted into the National Radio Hall of fame in 2008. She worked here until 2009, when she left to start her own television show.
- Wendy’s television show, The Wendy Williams Show, has been one of America’s most popular syndicated television shows for its outstanding entertainment talks. It attracts over 2.4 million viewers daily, making Wendy a favorite daytime tv host.
- Wendy has appeared in several television shows, including Drop Dead Diva, Dancing With The Stars, and Steve Harvey’s Act Like A Lady, Think Like a Man.
- Wendy and her husband, Kevin Hunter, started a production house named Wendy Williams Productions, launching Wendy’s film production career. She has since executive produced films like Aaliyah: The Princess of R&B, Celebrities Undercover, and Death By Gossip with Wendy Williams.
- Wendy has authored several books, including Ritz Harper Goes to Hollywood, Wendy’s Got The Heat, Hold Me in Contempt, Ask Wendy: Straight-up Advice, Is the Bitch Dead, Or What, and Drama is Her Middle Name.
- Wendy launched a self-titled fashion line that sold out on HSN. She also partnered with QVC for her shoes and jewelry line.
- On October 17, 2019, Wendy Williams was honored with a Hollywood Walk of Fame star. She also has a wax figure in her likeness made by Madame Tussauds in New York. The Wendy Williams Way is also a street named in her honor in Asbury Park, NJ.
- She coined the famous catchphrase “How you doin?” which she uses to start off her own television talk show.
- Wendy Williams is pro-choice on abortion. She also openly campaigned for Barack Obama in 2012.
Wendy Williams’s personal life.
Wendy has openly discussed her health struggles with Grave’s disease, hyperthyroidism and lymphedema. These struggles have forced her to take breaks from her show as she seeks medical intervention.
Wendy Williams has been married and divorced twice. Her first marriage to Bertrand Girigorie lasted five months. She later married Kevin Hunter, with whom they had a child. They divorced after 22 years of marriage because of Kevin’s infidelity.
Wendy Williams is currently on a medical hiatus from The Wendy Williams Show, which Sherri Shepherd now hosts. Without a doubt, it can be said that Wendy Williams experience in many areas has contributed to the personality we all know and admire.
Wendy Williams FAQs
What is Wendy Williams Net Worth?
Wendy Williams net worth is currently $40 million USD.
How much money does Wendy Williams earn?
Wendy Williams earns $10 million per year from various sources.
How tall is Wendy Williams?
Wendy Williams is 5 ft 8 in (1.75 m)
How old is Wendy Williams?
Wendy Williams is currently 58 years old.
When is Wendy Williams birthday?
Wendy Williams birthday is on 18th July.