DaBaby Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$6 Million|
|Salary:||$2 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Jonathan Kirk|
|Date of Birth:||22nd December 1991|
|Age:||31 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Updated:||28th January 2023|
His music career has just taken off, DaBaby net worth is estimated at $6 million. He was signed by industry giant Interscope Records in January 2019, and he also created his own label, Billion Dollar Baby Entertainment. DaBaby has aspirations to become a major producer in the future. “I won’t be rapping in five years,” he said in an interview. “I won’t be rapping. I’ll be creating other superstars.” If he is successful in this endeavor, his net worth will continue to balloon.
DaBaby, a 30-year-old Cleveland, Ohio native, exploded onto the music scene in 2019 with the release of his first studio album: Baby on Baby. The platinum album peaked at number seven on the Billboard 200. The American rapper has faced controversy lately due to his violent past and on-stage homophobic remarks, but the fickle public forgets quickly as he is back on tour in 2022.
DaBaby, whose real name is Jonathan Kirk, was born in 1991 in Cleveland, but his family moved to Charlotte, North Carolina where he grew up. He graduated from Vance High School in 2010. Kirk originally went by DaBaby Jesus when he first started rapping.
In an interview, he explained some of his musical influences, “I studied people like Future, Lil Wayne, and Kanye, who came up and consistently progressed. I’ve studied all the genius marketers throughout the rap game. I borrow from anybody with something to offer.”
Though he never studied formal marketing, his shrewd street smarts led him to change his name to DaBaby. He attended the University of North Carolina for two years before dropping out to pursue music. Little is known of DaBaby’s personal life from his teenage years to when he made it big, but if his mixtapes speak the truth, then you can infer he was hustling on the streets.
His debut mixtape Nonfiction was released in 2015, followed up by his next mixtape Baby Talk, then Billion Dollar Baby, and Back on My Baby Jesus Sh*t. After this, his music got noticed. He signed with music promoter Arnold Taylor, the president of South Coast Music, who later helped him sign with Interscope Records.
His first studio album, Baby on Baby, debuted in 2019. One of its top songs, “Suge”, won the ASCAP rhythm R&B/hip-hop song of the year, and it received two Grammy nominations for best rap song and best rap performance. He won best new hip-hop artist from BET in 2019, then best male hip-hop artist in 2020. DaBaby’s third studio album, Blame it on Baby, reached number one on the US rap chart and the Billboard 200. All his studio albums have gone platinum.
In 2021, he released Back on my Baby Jesus, an EP that is a sequel to his 2017 mixtape. DaBaby has a total of 8 Grammy nominations. His music career went 0 to 100, going from local rapper to international star. He’s been featured with artists like Jack Harlow (“What’s Poppin”) and Dua Lippa (“Levitating”). In his latest mixtape, Better than You, he joins the sensational rapper Youngboy Never Broke Again.
After hitting big, DaBaby bought a $2.3 million house in the small town of Troutman, North Carolina. The nine-acre property is surrounded by 10-foot-high concrete walls with guard towers, and it features a swimming pool, basketball court, and stadium lighting that he built for a football field on his property. The 5 bed, 9.5 bath home also has a wine cellar and home theater within its 11,241 square feet.
DaBaby owns several luxury cars, totaling well over $2 million. He has three Lamborghinis, two Mercedes Maybachs, and two Rolls Royces that all fit into his 12-car garage. DaBaby’s net worth is largely based on these assets.
DaBaby has three children. His oldest daughter was born in 2017. Her mother is DaBaby’s ex-girlfriend, MeMe. His other two daughters are the children of his ex-girlfriend DaniLeigh, a singer he worked with in the past. The two have had a rocky relationship, and police have shown up at DaBaby’s house several times due to their conflicts.
In one incident, DaniLeigh was cited for property damage. It appears the two are no longer together. DaBaby tries to keep his personal life quiet, and details are murky as he prefers to keep his family’s peace.
Conflicts and Controversies
However, DaBaby himself can’t seem to avoid controversy.
- November 2018 – DaBaby shot and killed a 19-year-old at a North Carolina Walmart. He claimed self-defense, and he was not charged. In one of his songs, he raps that his older daughter is a gangster for seeing him kill someone.
- January 2020 – DaBaby was detained in connection to a robbery in Miami. Allegedly, his crew robbed a music promoter who shorted DaBaby $10,000 for a concert he did in Miami. The rapper was charged with battery and released two days later.
- March 2020 – He smacked a woman in the face because she was shining a flashlight too close to his face. He said, “I’m very sorry that there was a female on the other end of that flashlight on that phone. Keep in mind I couldn’t see, ‘cus you got the flash this close to me.”
- July 2021 – DaBaby is “canceled” for his perceived homophobic remarks during the Rolling Loud music festival in Miami. While on stage, he said, “If you didn’t show up today with HIV, AIDS, or any of the deadly sexually transmitted diseases that’ll make you die in two to three weeks, then put your cellphone lighter up. Ladies, if your p—- smell like water, put your cellphone lighter up. Fellas, if you ain’t sucking d— in the parking lot, put your cellphone lighter up.”
DaBaby was dropped by the fashion brand boohooman, Lollapalooza, and two other music festivals. After that, DaBaby formally apologized on Instagram, then deleted the apology a week later. He then met with the organization GLAAD and issued another apology.
- February 2022 – DaBaby and friends assault his ex-girlfriend DaniLeigh’s brother in Los Angeles.
- April 2022 – A man who climbed the concrete wall of DaBaby’s home suffered a gunshot wound from trespassing. Though it’s unclear if DaBaby shot the man, he posted on Instagram, “Chose not to take a n—- life the other day & it felt great,” he captioned a film clip. “Buddy ain’t deserve to go, I step righteously. Heal up & live my boy! Just don’t bring ya ass back”
DaBaby is back on tour in 2022, already selling out several concerts. If he can stay out of trouble, his net worth will continue to climb.
What is DaBaby Net Worth?
DaBaby net worth is currently $6 million USD.
How much money does DaBaby earn?
DaBaby earns $2 million per year from various sources.
How tall is DaBaby?
DaBaby is 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
How old is DaBaby?
DaBaby is currently 31 years old.
When is DaBaby birthday?
DaBaby birthday is on 22nd December.