Tyson Fury Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$50-150 Million|
|Salary:||$54 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Tyson Luke Fury|
|Date of Birth:||12th August 1988|
|Age:||34 years old|
|Height:||6 ft 9 in|
|Updated:||28th January 2023|
Whether you love boxing or not, you have come across the name Tyson Fury. He is one of a kind boxer who holds an unparalleled record and has won many ring heavyweight titles. If you are talking about the greats in boxing, you will have to mention him. The man is nicknamed the “Gypsy King” by boxing fans worldwide and has continued to win their love and admiration over the years through his achievements. He has won the world heavyweight championship two times. He has also previously held the WBC and The Ring magazine titles. So, what is Tyson Fury’s net worth? How much is this boxer worth today?
What Is Tyson Fury’s Net Worth?
Tyson Fury’s net worth is not very clear. His total worth could be anything between $50 million and $150 million. He took home a fat cheque from his win over Dillian Whyte. After six mostly one-sided rounds, he secured the win and retained his WBC heavyweight title.
Because Fury was the winner during the fight, his total purse was $33.6 million at the end of the fight after claiming the winner’s bonus. He made $5.6 million for every round and $1.9 million for every minute. This means Fury made $31,100 every second. He also landed 76 punches on his opponent, making $442,100 for every landed punch.
Another notable fight was his win in Deontay Wilder fight in Las Vegas. The win saw him retain his heavyweight championship and pocket $25 million. In 2020 alone, Forbes magazine estimated the boxer earned $50-$57million from his fights and endorsements.
Fury’s other revenue streams include royalties earned from his book, “Behind the Mask: My Autobiography.” The book was a number one bestseller on Amazon within 24 hours of its release in 2019. He also has a second book, “The Furious Method,” which has also met commercial success.
Additionally, Tyson Fury has landed several endorsement deals. He also had a tie-up with WWE receiving a multi-million pay for a single event appearance. Fury signed a $100 million agreement with ESPN that saw them cover his next five matches. He also has a company called Furocity, an energy drink brand. All these ventures have contributed to a high net worth for the boxer. It is, therefore, very possible his net worth is close to $150 million.
Who Is Tyson Fury?
Tyson Luke Fury is an English professional boxer and was born on 12th August 1988 in Wythenshawe, Manchester. He is one of the four children who survived childbirth out of his mother’s fourteen pregnancies. He was born prematurely, three months before his birthday. He only weighed 1lb, and his chances of survival were slim. After he survived, he was named after Mike Tyson by his father, the heavyweight champion, for challenging all odds. He was named Fury due to his Irish descent.
Fury began boxing at age ten, and it was easy for him to get training since his father was a former professional boxer. He was able to represent England and Ireland during his amateur career. He won bronze in the AIBI Youth World Boxing in 2006 and a silver in the European Junior Championship. He also emerged the winner of the 2008 ABA super-heavyweight title and then decided to go pro. Fury concluded his amateur career with a 31-4 record.
Fury started his professional boxing in 2008, when he fought a Hungarian fighter, Bela Gyongyosi. He defeated Gyongyosi by a technical knockout. He has fought 31 matches to date, winning 30, with 21 being by knockout. He has only drawn one match.
In February 2016, Fury was charged by Anti-Doping of the UK after finding nandrolone in a blood sample taken 16 months prior. The test also showed the presence of cocaine in his blood. The aftermath was depressing as the British Boxing Board of Control also banned him. His license was reinstalled in 2018 after an intense legal battle.
His only draw came in December 2018 during his fight with Deontay Wilder. They later had a rematch in January 2020, where Fury won in the 7th round by technical knockout.
Fun Facts About Tyson Fury
Let us look into some of the exciting facts about Fury now that we have looked into his net worth and history.
- Premature birth. As mentioned earlier, Fury was born three months before time. He was only 1 lb, and chances of him surviving were dismal. His mother had 14 pregnancies, four of which were successful births.
- His father, John Fury, named him after Tyson because he was a fighter, and he overcame all odds and got to live.
- Tyson Fury has Irish Traveler roots. Fury’s grandfather and father were from Tuam and were of Irish traveler descent.
- Tyson Fury comes from a boxing family. Fury’s father was a professional boxer, his half-brother, Tommy Fury, is a rising boxer, and Peter Fury, his uncle, is a well-renowned boxing trainer.
- Tyson Fury is a big soccer fan. He is an ardent soccer fan, with Manchester United being his favorite club. He also supports the English national team.
- Fury identifies as a Gypsy and has been nicknamed the Gypsy King.
- Fury tried to name one of his children Jesus, but his wife wouldn’t have it. They had to name the son Prince John James.
- Fury also suffers from mental health issues. He has admitted to this himself, saying one minute he is over the moon and the other he wants to take his life.
- Tyson Fury’s favorite movie is The Notebook.
- Fury’s wife is called Paris. They met at a wedding party for a mutual friend. They dated, got married in 2009, and have four sons and one daughter. Their children are Prince John James, Prince Tyson Fury II, Venezuela, Valencia Amber, and Prince Adonis Amaziah.
What Is to Come For Tyson Fury
After his win over Dillian White at Wembley stadium, Fury told his fans he was unlikely to fight again. He said he preferred walking out on the spot at his high and under his terms. Fury said he had offered enough during his 14 years as a pro and 20 years as a boxer, and it was time to hang the gloves. He also asserted no amount of money would lure him back as he was contented with his career earnings.
Tyson Fury FAQs
What is Tyson Fury Net Worth?
Tyson Fury net worth is currently $50-150 million USD.
How much money does Tyson Fury earn?
Tyson Fury earns $54 million per year from various sources.
How tall is Tyson Fury?
Tyson Fury is 6 ft 9 in
How old is Tyson Fury?
Tyson Fury is currently 34 years old.
When is Tyson Fury birthday?
Tyson Fury birthday is on 12th August.