Dwyane Wade Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$175 Million|
|Salary:||$2.4 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Dwyane Tyrone Wade Jr.|
|Date of Birth:||17th January 1982|
|Age:||40 years old|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Updated:||29th September 2022|
Dwyane Tyrone Wade Jr. had a 16-year career in the NBA, which saw him win three NBA championships. He spent the majority of that time playing for the Miami Heat but also played some for the Chicago Bulls and the Cleveland Cavaliers. He played alongside fellow superstars LeBron James and Chris Bosh for a while.
What Is Dwyane Wade’s Net Worth?
Over the course of his playing career, he made close to $200 million; as of 2022, his net worth was $170 million. While he was considered a superstar, he never came close to making salaries like LeBron James or Michael Jordan. His highest salary was $23,200,000, and James will make over $44 million during the 2022-23 season.
Who Is Dwyane Wade?
Dwyane Tyrone Wade Jr. was born in Chicago, Illinois, on Jan. 17, 1982, to JoLinda and Dwyane Wade Sr, He was the younger of two children that the two had. The couple divorced when Wade was four months old. His mother had drug problems, and his sister took him with her to their father and stepmother.
He lived in an area with a lot of gangs, but he used basketball and football as a distraction to avoid temptation from them. He also played both sports at Harold L. Richards High School and initially looked to be a better football player before a growth spurt that happened at the start of his junior year helped him become a team leader on the basketball team.
Wade then went to Marquette University and played under Tom Crean – though he had to sit out his freshman year to improve his grades. Once he started playing, though, he excelled for two years and left for the NBA draft. Even though he didn’t graduate, Marquette University wound up retiring his number in 2007.
He was not someone who came out of nowhere, either. The Miami Heat took him in the first round of the 2003 NBA Draft with the fifth pick. So they had high expectations for him after his play at Marquette, especially after he helped them reach the Final Four stage of the NCAA Tournament. Wade impressed the league immediately, being named to the NBA All-Rookie team. While he didn’t get immediate results as far as team winning goes, he did carry them to their first NBA championship in 2006, beating the Dallas Mavericks. He was the NBA Finals MVP for his efforts.
The Heat struggled for a couple of years as the Boston Celtics became the best team in the Eastern Conference. Wade had enough and he convinced both James and Bosh to come onto the Heat. They went on to play in four straight NBA Finals, winning two of them – though he got hurt during the third Finals.
James left the Heat and Wade eventually did too, going over to the Chicago Bulls. After that, he briefly reunited with LeBron in Cleveland, but he wound up going back to Miami and finishing his NBA career there.
Key Facts About Dwyane Wade
- Wade was an All-Star for 12 straight seasons and 13 overall.
- His nickname throughout his career was D-Wade.
- He averaged exactly 22 points a game over the course of his career.
- Wade led the league in scoring average during the 2008-09 season when he averaged 30.2 points a game.
- He donated 10% of his salary to charity.
- Wade played in the Olympics twice, winning a bronze medal in 2004 and a gold one in 2008. .
- He’s married to the actress Gabrielle Union.
- Wade had two children from a previous marriage and he fathered a child when on break from Union.
- He also raised his nephew.
- There was a mistake on his birth certificate. His name was really supposed to be Dwayne, but his parents didn’t want to go through the hassle of changing it.
- One of his children plays in the Utah Jazz’s D League
- Wade bought a minority ownership stake in the Jazz.
- The basketball legend loves fast food, including fried chicken and pizza.
- Colleges were worried about his high school grades and didn’t recruit him because of that.
- He studied broadcast journalism in college.
- His mother overcame her drug addiction and is now a pastor. Wade bought her a church.
- The NBA Legend lives in California with Union.
- Wade is a big fan of fashion and owns a bow tie company called “The Tie Bar.”
- He is also a wine aficionado and sells Napa Valley wine.
What’s Next For Dwyane Wade?
Wade looks to continue his work with his bow tie company and wine sales along with possibly writing more books. He will see how his son’s professional basketball aspirations go. He will also continue to make money from sponsorships and endorsements. He has a lifetime deal with the Chinese shoe company Li Ning and he has an equity stake in the company.
Dwyane Wade FAQs
What is Dwyane Wade’s Net Worth?
As of 2022, the former NBA All-Star had a net worth of $170 million.
How Much Does Dwyane Wade Earn?
Wade made as much as $23 million as a player and he also signed a $60 million deal with Li Ning before it became a lifetime deal.
How Tall is Dwyane Wade?
The basketball legend is 6 ‘ 4″.
How Old Is Dwyane Wade?
He turned 40 in 2022.
When Is Dwyane Wade’s Birthday?
His birthday is Jan. 17.
Dwyane Wade FAQs
What is Dwyane Wade Net Worth?
Dwyane Wade net worth is currently $175 million USD.
How much money does Dwyane Wade earn?
Dwyane Wade earns $2.4 million per year from various sources.
How tall is Dwyane Wade?
Dwyane Wade is 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)
How old is Dwyane Wade?
Dwyane Wade is currently 40 years old.
When is Dwyane Wade birthday?
Dwyane Wade birthday is on 17th January.