Angelina Jolie Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$120 Million|
|Salary:||$20 Million Per Year|
|Real Name:||Angelina Jolie Voight|
|Date of Birth:||4th June 1974|
|Age:||48 years old|
|Height:||5 ft 7 in (1.7 m)|
|Profession:||Actress, Producer, Director, Humanitarian, Model|
|Updated:||7th June 2022|
Known as one of the most beautiful women in the world, Angelina Jolie is one of the most versatile actresses in Hollywood and commands a $20 million salary for every role that she takes on. This is why Angelina Jolie net worth has reached a massive $120 million.
Of course, she comes from Hollywood royalty, and being an actress, model, voice actor, film director, producer, screenwriter, and author, it’s no surprise that Angelina Jolie has amassed a huge net worth over the years.
Aside from the many proverbial hats that Jolie adorns, her humanitarian work speaks volumes as well.
As of this writing, Angelina Jolie’s net worth is a whopping $120 million and her fortune comes from all of the noteworthy performances that she’s provided over the years.
Jolie’s career started with the 1993 Sci-fi thriller Cyborg 2. Since then, she has brought a wide range of characters across different genres to life.
Stretching Her Wings
In 2011, Angelina Jolie not only wrote but produced her film called, “Land of Blood and Honey.” She also saw a lot of success with the role of Lara Croft which she took on in the Tomb Raider movie series. The Tomb Raider movies put her on the fast track to silver screen success and she earned a staggering $7 million for the first Tomb Raider movie and $12 million for the second one.
She also made quite a few more millions for portraying the character of Mrs. Smith alongside co-star and future ex-husband Brad Pitt in Mr & Mrs. Smith. And by the time she took part in the blockbuster Wanted, she was earning about $15 million. However, it was her appearance in the movie Salt that made Jolie worth a spectacular $20 million.
Who is Angelina Jolie?
Born on June 4th, 1975 in California, this Academy award-winning star was named Angelina Jolie Voight at birth. The last name Voight comes from her superstar father, Jon Voight who is known for his noteworthy performances in films such as Anaconda and Deliverance.
However, she has since dropped that last name in favor of her middle name Jolie, which she had always used as part of her stage name. Both of Angelina Jolie’s parents were actors so it can be said that acting runs in her family.
Angelina Jolie’s Accolades
Although Angelina Jolie has become even more popular in her 40s, she started acting rather early in the 1990s with a major role in the film, Gia. The film was based on the real-life story of model Gia Marie Carangai.
It was her role as Gia that earned Jolie a Golden Globe award for best actress. Jolie also received a Best Supporting Actress Academy Award for her role in the film, Girl Interrupted.
In addition to several Academy Award nominations, Angelina Jolie has received 60 acting accolades in total, including 2 Screen Actors Guild Awards for her performances in Gia and Girl, Interrupted; she also has 3 Golden Globe Awards, including one in the Best Supporting Actress category, as well as 2 Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Angelina Jolie’s Humanitarian Work
While Angelina Jolie has bagged quite a few awards for her wonderful acting talents, Jolie has also received accolades for her humanitarian work across the world.
In 2005, she received the Global Humanitarian Action Award for her activism and continued devotion to charity work and helping others. She was also appointed Special Envoy to the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in 2012.
Through this position, Jolie has traveled to countries in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia, to help find solutions for refugees affected by war and famine.
While she is primarily a human rights activist, Jolie’s work over the years has focused particularly on the plight of women and children. As such, she can often be found donating to charities such as No Kid Hungry, Alliance For The Lost Boys Of Sudan, and the Afghanistan Relief Organization, to name but a few.
Aside from her controversial marriage to actor Billy Bob Thornton and her self-harming challenges, Angelina Jolie was blamed for causing a rift between Brad Pitt and his then-wife Jennifer Aniston in 2005.
It was believed that Jolie and Pitt fell in love during the making of Mr & Mrs. Smith, which caused Pitt to split from Aniston. Pitt and Jolie remained together for 12 years after their romance was made public in 2006.
Despite the couple’s divorce in 2019, the duo built the Jolie-Pitt Foundation through which they’ve been doing incredible work helping children suffering from HIV and tuberculosis.
Fun Facts About Angelina Jolie
Now that we have peaked slightly into Angelina Jolie’s net worth as well as her personal and professional life, let’s explore some interesting facts about the actress.
- Jolie studied film at New York University which shows that the actress had a clear focus as to where she was headed career-wise. In fact, from age 11, Jolie studied performance art at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute where she took part in several productions.
- Jolie didn’t always want to be an actress. When she was younger, she dropped out of her acting classes with a dream of becoming a funeral director and it took a while for her to leave her embalming stint and return to film studies.
- Jolie is the recipient of three Golden Globe Awards to date. She has also received one Academy Award.
- While Jolie has had a very fruitful career as an actress, she is also known for her modeling career and has appeared in a few music videos as well.
- Jolie has a fascination with daggers and has her own dagger collection. She is keen on sharing her fascination with daggers with her own children. Since her first dagger was bought for her by her parents, she is carrying on the legacy and has even bought her adopted son Maddox his very own dagger.
- Speaking of children, Jolie has 6 children. Three of her children are her biological children, while the other three are adopted.
- The actress battled with insomnia and an eating disorder when she was younger. She is also known to have experimented with drugs before her 20s. At 24, she experienced a nervous breakdown.
- Of all of Angelina Jolie’s movies, A Mighty Heart is her favorite.
What is Angelina Up To Now?
After ranking 3rd in Forbes magazine’s most powerful people in the world and giving us an amazing performance as Cersei in the recently-released Eternals, Angelina Jolie is currently focusing on women empowerment.
She also endeavors to place more focus on her career as a film director. It is believed that Jolie will be playing Cleopatra in the upcoming remake of the 1963 classic Cleopatra, but this has yet to be confirmed.