20 Crazy Things Doctors Have Found Inside People’s Bodies
Doctors, nurses and other medical professionals often find surprising things inside human bodies. Whether the person has intentionally inserted something inside themselves or they have had the misfortune to accidentally lodge an item within their bodies without knowing, having a foreign object within your body can be a very dangerous situation. The item can cause infections, alter the chemical balance or cause other health problems. This means that doctors will often have to rush to get the object out as soon as possible, often with the help of surgery.
You would hope that surgeons and all those involved in dangerous medical procedures would be incredibly meticulous, taking extreme care of all of the tools and ensuring that they don’t leave anything behind when they are done. Unfortunately, it is not an entirely unheard of for surgeons to leave some of their instruments in patients following surgery. In the case of 57-year-old Daryoush Mazarei, she had a pair of 10-inch tweezers in her abdomen that were causing significant pain. They were removed and surgeons managed to not leave anything else inside her.
Yang Dincai has long extolled the virtues of eating live animals. The man from southeast China has been swallowing small frogs and rats for more than 40 years and has persuaded many others to do the same to solve a variety of health problems. When Jiang Musheng came to him to discuss his stomach pains, Dingcai almost immediately suggested that the man eat live tree frogs, something he did after seeing Dingcai swallow one whole. This left doctors confused when they later discovered the frogs during a routine scan.
Li Fuyan spent 3 years of his unknowingly carrying around a 4-inch knife in his head. During a robbery, he had attempted to stop the criminal and was stabbed through his throat during the ensuing scuffle. Afterwards, Li believed that the robber must have taken the knife with him and only complained about some bleedings in his throat or occasional problems with swallowing. When he eventually went to hospital, doctors found the blade in his head. It had luckily missed major arteries and nerves and not caused any significant damage to the surrounding tissue.
John Manley had been suffering from a constant cough and worsening breathing problems for months before he finally decided to go to hospitals. He explained to doctors how he had even passed out in public due to his coughing fits, leading to doctors rushing an x-ray of his chest as they feared he may have lung cancer or other serious lung problems. The scan showed what appeared to be a growth but when it was surgically removed it turned out to be a piece of plastic fork that had been swallowed from a fast food outlet.