20 Of The Most Embarrassing Injuries
Injuries aren’t generally hilarious, but sometimes something happens when you’re least expecting it and you just have to have a chuckle at someone else’s expense. Of course, when the injury happens to you, then it’s not as funny, just painful. A lot of the times the injuries told, thanks to Reddit, are because the person was either half-asleep or just too dumb to manage daily life. Laugh at their expense, and be grateful it’s not happening to you.
While lying, half-asleep, in bed with his wife, one man lost the blankets thanks to her dreams. Unfortunately for him, in his own half-asleep state, the man grew angry and slammed his fist down on what he thought to be the bed, but it was his own testicles instead.
One individual had an odd dream that he had been hitting his head against something. However, when he awoke, he was actually hitting his head on the bedpost. That probably left a mark or two on his forehead.
In an attempt to calculate how slowly a staple could be released from the stapler, a young man thought it smart to press his thumb against it. A staple went a quarter-inch into his thumb, obviously. Cries of pain and laughter at his own stupidity echoed through the house.
Whilst eating breakfast, another person ended up sneezing. Unfortunately, that sneeze ended up causing costochondritis, which is an inflammation of the rib cartilage — meaning that it hurt whenever they took a breath.
You’d probably think it was cool if someone caught a thrown quarter in their mouth, but one guy ended up getting hit in the throat instead. It may not be the most damaging, but you can bet it hurt quite a bit.
The younger brother of one Redditor thought it cool to climb over a chain-link fence, but, unfortunately, tore open his scrotum in the process. He ended up with 8 stitches to fix it.
While fighting with a teacher, a Reddit user stormed out of the classroom and attempted to walk through a glass door. The door was closed, however, and he fell onto his face, bruising his entire forehead in the process.
Baked (Chicken) Breast
A young lady, while cooking her dinner, bent too far over the oven without wearing a shirt. Her boob ended up hitting the oven rack and burning in the process. That makes us cringe just thinking about it.
A boiling bowl of ramen and a recliner with the footrest popped out can be a dangerous combination. Falling backwards, the man spilled the hot water from his navel to his penis. An emergency room visit was required.
Sand It Down
One user thought combining alcohol and powerful machinery was going to end well. Somehow, the man ended up getting his testicles stuck in a disc sander while attempting to clean a barbell piercing.
Pop And Lock
While popping his neck, much like one would their knuckles, one man ended up twisting wrong. He got a weird feeling, tunnel vision, and then knocked himself out in the process. He won’t be trying that again.
Sitting, relaxing in the shower, one man’s girlfriend thought it was a good idea to grab hold of something. She yanked the shower curtain and the rod fell on his head, giving him a concussion and requiring stitches on his tongue.
Check The Date
He thought it was a good idea to eat raw sushi from the grocery store without really checking the label. The guy ended up with an infection of worms that resulted in surgery for appendicitis.
A young baseball player was benched during a game, which ended with him having a giant splinter in his butt. The boy’s coach ended up being the one to pull it out, unfortunately.
Standing on or near a rake is a dangerous feat that most don’t want to attempt. One guy stood directly on it and ended up being hit in the face with the handle. No major injury, but his pride sure hurt a lot.
While jumping on a trampoline, one young man threw himself backwards, landing on his back. His knee was thrust forward, into his face, and broke his nose in the process.
One poor guy was swimming along aimlessly, saw a fish in the water – which is where fish usually are – and freaked out. During the freak out, though, he sliced his hand open on a rock under the water.
Pop Tarts can be good, though they are not the best breakfast around. One kid ended up with second-degree burns on his leg after a toasted Pop Tart broke open on his leg. That’s embarrassing.
Two friends were sitting up at 1 a.m. to play World at War’s Nazi Zombies cooperatively. One of the boys had a wedgie, so he went to remove it. Unfortunately, he sat on his own finger and broke it instead.
TVs Are Big
Our final embarrassing story — a grown man ended up dropping a large television on his head. Like, the old, monster televisions from the 90’s. A nice sized lump was featured prominently on his head.